Sweeteners??

It definitely fits dukan's guidelines but I'm not sure if it's "official". Can't believe it would not be allowed.

I shall continue using it then unless I find no loss. I just find it a little less tangy on the aftertaste. Thank you x

I use whatevers cheapest in tesco, aldi or lidl

Hi hun, I just find that normal sweeteners taste odd, just my sensitive taste buds lol! These Truvia things are made from plant extract I believe so don't taste quite 'chemically' x

has the dukan shop not started selling a sweetner made from stevia, if so then i am sure yours would be allowed. I have wondered about argave syrup as i used to use that before dukan and that is a naturall product

I have bought Truvia today, cost £4.99 in Asda! I remember not liking Slenda when i was on SW, and i liked the fact that this one is a bit more natural. The price though jeeeeez! They had a jar of aspartame for £1 but i couldn't bring myself to even try it (although i know a lot of sweetened food and indeed my muller lights is probably full of the stuff).

I have not tried the Truvia yet, hope it is nicer than Splenda.

Hi all :) whats the chat with aspartame? I see some people don't like using it? Plus I use candarel is this ok? Sorry to jump in I was about to start a thread to ask! In new so apologies if thick :) x

Aspartame has a bad reputation and health scares have shown possible links to some cancers, hence, many people try to avoid it.

Personally, I have no such qualms and it's fine to use/consume on Dukan.

P x

Everything is bad for you, and if it's not bad for you today it will be tomorrow. But next year there will be another study that says it's not bad for you. I'd say it's all one and the same :) I once read that most of the bad press and negative studies regarding sweeteners are spread/conducted by the sugar industry...

It is banned in America. I don't usually let my kids have anything with it in, i do have it but don't want to be buying it and putting it in things, i get enough of the stuff with my 2 mullers a day.

i don't know if this is true but i once read a few yrs ago that aspartamine was made from wood alchol and formaldahyde

if you look at the ingredients on a lot of sugarfree foods in the uk you will find that they no longer use aspartamine but use sucralose

I don't believe aspartame is banned in the US, classic Equal is one of the most popular sweeteners there and it contains aspartame

Your right, i just looked it up, it was originally banned after the results of 3 independent studies but then allowed on the market (after some influence so i read!). It is banned from kids foods in some european countries.

Like i said, i have it myself, just not too much, everything is bad for you in excess.

Back