sweetex

pd7707

just read in the previous post that 1 splenda should be count as 1 g carb.
WOW.
it means i am in terrible trouble.
sweetex says -0 carbs, 0 sugar.
and i use about 10 tablets a day.
i also use sugar free squash but count the carbs in it.

sorry to be a pian, but could you pls advice me with the sweetex issue.
thanks

I was just reading about Splenda, I wanted to get some for MIMs but was shocked at the carbs. Seen some other brands on amazon, liquid sweetener seems to be zero carbs. A brand called stevia perhaps too.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Even when sweeteners are zero carb they sometimes stall peoples weight loss (because they cause insulin to react) - ideally try to have a very "clean" induction and avoid all the sugar free stuff too

I didn't know about Splenda & use a half teaspoon full in coffee with cream. If I have coffee with milk I don't need a sweetener but double cream has less carbs (and tastes better :)) I can't help wondering now if Splenda helps trigger my binges.

My daughter uses the Splenda tabs in her coffee has 4 cups at least with 2 Splenda each and cream has had no effect on her and has lost over 2st in 8 weeks - so maybe the powder us different to the tabs - don't know x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Powder is different as it includes a separating agent. Powder is 1g carb per teasp. Tablets about 0.01g carb per tablet. So 10 tablets = 1g carb.

So would it be better to use the tabs and grind them down to use for things that need powder? Just a thought although I hardly use sweetners at all but am sure I might over Christmas :)

Half a tab is enough for me in coffee but they are hard to cut, the other half usually lands on the floor.. :D

Wow, I didn't realise there was such a difference between the tablets and the powder. I've been using the powder....:eek::rolleyes:

Tablets for me from now on then. I wish I could give the stuff up, but unsweetened tea and coffee...blegh. I do try to like it! Honest! :D

I was looking at the Hermasetas liquid on amazon - says a litte goes a long way. I've ordered some to try some cooking with, I doubt it will arrive before Christmas though :(.

4isnotenough, I think Hermasetas is saccharin so it may not be suitable for cooking. It didn't used to be but they may have changed the formula.

That's interesting wrinkly i didnt know there was a difference, I was getting excited lol. I'll try anything once though.

Back