Sweetners help?

Book is right, consultant is wrong. :)

Tablet sweeteners are fine. Powdered sweeteners should be avoided as they contain carbs.

In an ideal world, we'd all give up artificial sweeteners (there's some evidence to suggest they're not terribly good for us) but as we on SS have already given up eating, LOL, I say, "One thing at a time!"

Omg thank goodness for that was having a heart attack about what I cld drink apart from blasted water!!! Thank u so much . She was so adamant am not going to tell her that I am having them as she said I wouldn't go into ketosis if I had them....

Hiya, I had them in all of my hot drinks for the first week, I'm cutting down to half this week and hope to use no sweeteners next week. I have to curb my craving for sweet things. :)

(hello! im nicky, back on CD today after 3 years away)

the cambridge shakes contain artificial sweeteners themselves anyway, the 'K' one cant remember full name, so trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners while on it would be completely impossible!

i've read that sucralose (splenda) has tested better than others though, with regards to triggering cravings and worse, like cancer etc...joy joy

(hello! im nicky, back on CD today after 3 years away)

the cambridge shakes contain artificial sweeteners themselves anyway, the 'K' one cant remember full name, so trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners while on it would be completely impossible!

i've read that sucralose (splenda) has tested better than others though, with regards to triggering cravings and worse, like cancer etc...joy joy

Hi Nicky! :wavey:

I've heard the same about sucralose. Mind you, no one seems totally sure about that either - it's just too new.

A lot of folks seem to be of the opinion that aspartame isn't terribly good for you. The UK Government deny that, of course, saying it's been tested and it's fine. But there are a lot of anecdotal tales out there about people having reactions to the stuff. It seems to be in almost everything these days (including Cambridge shakes :rolleyes:) so it's hard to avoid.

Back