Sweetners

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by kellymundy, 26 February 2008 Social URL.

1. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Is there a limit on how many you can use in a day, or even just a guideline?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Time4ME

Time4ME MUST get a grip

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I've not been advised that there's a limit to quantity, I know it must be tablet form only though as now you can get all sorts of granulated sweetner.
    I have approx 10-15 a day :eek::eek::eek:.... I only just realised that as I counted them... Maybe it is too much, I'll email my CDC for advice x

4. shrinking violet

shrinking violet Full Member

Interesting question. Since starting CD, I have mainly used loose Stevia powder (in tiny amounts) to sweeten my black coffee. Is this any different to using tablets?

After a few months of CD I managed to track down Stevia in tablet form, I tend to use these for when I am out and about.

5. Melaniep

Melaniep Member

I know CD say you should only use sweetener in tablet form, I think they are made differently. Hopefully a CDC will be along to give the reason behind it.

6. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Is there a CDC here that can answer this yet?

7. everchangingme

everchangingme Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    just bumping it up as I am interested in the answer to this also

8. Melliewoo

Melliewoo Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    me too as i use a lot of them lol bump bump

9. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    Bump bump.. i wanna know too..

x x

10. cambridge*diet*08

cambridge*diet*08 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.8%)
    Diet:
    CD Sole Source
    bump bump lol

11. Bumpy0

Bumpy0 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I did LL for a while and i was told the same thing (to use sweetner tablets) powder has something extra in it which doesn't help with weight loss. Found this on SW site hope it helps (sorry to gatecrash)

Artificial sweeteners There are two categories of artificial sweetener, the first, known as caloric sweeteners (mannitol, sorbitol, xylitol) have a similar calorific value to sugar, but are not absorbed as readily and so replace it in many foods. The second type of sweetener is known as non-caloric or intense sweetener (aspartame, acesulfame K, saccharin). These provide virtually no calories, and are used in diet drinks and desserts. One of the most common sweeteners is saccharin. Its discovery as a sweetener was discovered on the late 1870's as a result of a forgetful chemist who forgot to wash his hands before dinner!

12. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    How many a day people? ive discovered a love for them.. and i dont wanna mess up my diet.. lol..

x x

13. bunnycd

bunnycd Full Member

I recommend only using Splenda tablets which have the less carbs than all the others. I don't think you have a limit but just remember that all sweetners contain aspartame, so the less the better. Try adding cinnamon to your shakes as it is a natural appetite suppressant and will spice things up a bit. You should stay away from powder sweetners. Caffine is a diuretic and may make you urinate more often, so make sure you drink your water.

14. shrinking violet

What's the official line on Stevia, just out of interest?

It is neither a sugar or aspartame based product.

I don't like what I hear / read about aspartame so have avoided anything with it as an ingredient.

15. bunnycd

bunnycd Full Member

After reading the book skinny ***** I tried to buy Stevia and found that it is illegal in this country. You cannot have any powder based sweetner while on SS due to the carb count. xxx

16. shrinking violet

Thanks for the info.

Ooer, I am a law breaker then. I've bought from US and Europe, just the once and the tabs / powder have lasted months (since start of CD).

I have read up on the legal background to the Stevia argument and am not sure I buy into why we are not supposed to use it as a sweetener. Just my own opinion though.

Having said that, I am hoping to ween myself off sweeteners totally (after current batch is finished). I only use them as I would have found it hard to go from sugar in coffee to none at the start of CD.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.