Swine Flu

Lynn8124

Gold Member
Now I don't watch the news much or read a paper so it's a wonder I know anything lol but I know about this. I've Sky News on now (7.15am) and see it's spread to Hong Kong. Ooh, just saw something in the text that goes across screen about a 42yo man in Glostershire has got it without being in Mexico. :eek:

Usually I try not to worry about things like this but as my dad helpfully reminded me 'You'd be the first to die with all the health problems you have'. Yeah cheers da. :rolleyes:

You think that's worrying? Yesterday there was a confirmed case in a school 2 miles down the road from me!

Yep Downend School...oh well...I just cannot worry myself that much, remember the bird flu thingy?! I dunno maybe I am becoming apathetic in my older age?

Are you all serious? in the uk? .. whats the symptoms maybe i should read more about this...

Yep one case here in Brizzle...innit...have no idea of symptoms is like normal flu but more serious maybe?

ive just read online that it's level 5 slaert , thats pretty high for a flu type thing :eek::eek:.. was supposed to go to a prom day thingy but now im scared lol..

There is nothing to worry about with this swine flu - we have had flu pandemics befoe and yes some people will die but it is usually due to complications such as pneumonia etc. The resources are out there to safe guard those who have come into contact with people who have been to Mexico, or have it. We have always had bad episodes of flu and the majority of the world come through with flying colours. Also if you are due to go into hospital and they think there is a chance you will be made vunerable to this condition then they will not go ahead. Sorry if you think i'm a Job's comforter but there really is nothing to worry about -we've had asian flu, bird flu now swine flu and some flu's i know i've forgot. The press are making more of it than they need to - this time next year we will ALL be here wondering what all the fuss was!!

Totally agree with Topsy, the infected people in the UK are only showing mild symptoms and are successfully being treated with an antiviral. It will run it's course I'm sure, but we're lucky to have such an advanced health system in place for this sort of thing x

Hi Everybody
I don`t know about the swine flu but my daughter and granddaughter of 41/2 months is full of the flu she had to take the baby to the hospital the other night which she has a chest infection the poor wee doll . Good luck and take care .
MARGARET XX

It makes you wonder whether the Pharmaceutical companies who make the anti-virals for the flu release these germs to make money on all the flu anti-virals that our countries buy.

It makes you wonder whether the Pharmaceutical companies who make the anti-virals for the flu release these germs to make money on all the flu anti-virals that our countries buy.

Or at least the news stories!!! x

Back