Sybersadie's Diary

sybersadie

Silver Member
I am a serial dieter, I've been on some sort of diet all my adult life, but I have always been a slow loser. When most people are losing around 2lb a week I generally lose less than 1. At the moment I am at my heaviest ever, needing to lose nearly 4 stone to be my ideal weight - but I will be happy and at the top end of my BMI if I lose 3. Doing a calorie counting diet will take me nearly two years to get to ideal weight so to I've decided to give a VLCD a go. To keep me accountable and on track I am going to report here.

Today is Day 1 of Exante.

BF: Raspberry Porridge, Lunch: Cherry & Almond Bar, Dinner: Sweet & sour noodles

Surprisingly nothing was inedible, probably because I was hungry before I actually ate anything. Normally eating just feels like topping up.

I have been glugging the water all day as well. I've guzzled a 2 litre bottle of sparkling water as well as a few cups of black coffee, green tea and mint tea.

I have the mother of all headaches though, despite the fluid intake. Not sure if this is the coffee (I usually only have one cup a day) or the effects of the diet. Think tomorrow I will ease off the coffee - limit it to one but increase mint tea.

Hi welcome
I took 8 days to get into ketosis and now I feel great even though I came off plan for meal and drinks Saturday I've gone straight back into ketosis..
I've done vlcd before and struggled with the headaches...this time round I've ditched the tea and coffee and am sticking to green or mint tea and this is really helping me...I do have a cup of tea every morning though with milk in.
Like you I've got 4 stone to lose..I've lost nearly a stone and it's been 15 days
Good luck
Xx

The headaches really hit me when I started. I thought it might be caffeine but then on day 6 I slept for about 14 hours as was absolutely exhausted and then woke up all full of beans and truly in Ketosis. I'm like you really slow losses (or too slow for me) on a "normal" diet. Good luck with your first week.

Took ibuprofen and went off to bed early. Didn't realise how tired I was. I was asleep nearly before My head hit the pillow! Not quite full of beans today, but my head is clearer this morning.

Day 1 100% - let's see what day 2 brings.

Hope you feel better today! Seems like 4 stone is the magic number lol :)

Good luck, you can do it! Hope today has been better? If I remember rightly from my first attempt the first few days can be a bit rubbish but then ketosis kicks in and you feel better.

Today has been better than yesterday. Still ending the day with a headache but it is not so bad as yesterdays. Also, don't feel so exhausted. Still don't think I am in ketosis as hunger is still an issue and I am certainly not bursting full of energy - but it has definitely been a better day.

Foodwise have been 100% today!
BF cheese and bacon breakfast eggs - hmm cooked these as scrambled eggs and found these barely edible, but I ate them anyway. Have another two of these so may try to make them up as omelettes, hopefully this way will be better.

Lunch: Raspberry and white choc bar - yummy. Cut this in 2 to make it last a little longer.

Dinner - pasta carbonara. This was ok, would eat again.

Still keeping up with the water and mint tea. Knocked the coffee back to just one cup to keep headache issues to a minimum. Seems to have worked as my head is nowhere near as bad as yesterday.

Resisting temptation to jump on the scales - usually a daily weigher.

How are you getting on?

Hi everyone,
Day 6 and still at it 100% but I don't think I am in ketosis yet. I am still really tired, the headaches are still hanging around although not as bad as on day 1, and I am still feeling hungry.
The tiredness may be a mixture of the diet and being ultra busy at work but I just wish all this energy that everyone seems to get when they get to ketosis would kick in! And I wish these headaches would go, I don't know why I am still getting them as I am making sure that I get at least 3 litres of fluid, not all water though as I have been drinking a lot of mint tea. Anyway, today I am trying to make sure most of my liquid is in the form of water rather than mint tea. OH did suggest that it might be caffeine withdrawal as I have a serious tea habit but have cut tea out completely as I cannot drink it without milk.
Hope by the end of the weekend ketosis has arrived as have another busy week ahead.
Will check out your diaries to see how you are all doing.
SS x

Hi sadie, Keep going, it does get easier. I remember thinking exactly the same about the headaches during my first week. Are you weighing in tomorrow?

Keep going - it does get easier, honest :)

I thought I would give up the first week - headaches, exhausted, cold and extremely irritable ( which is not like me ever )

....then woke up one day feeling on top of the world :D

The weight goes so quickly on Exante, it's so worth putting up with the first week :)

@aloize my weigh day is monday - if I can lose over 4lbs I will be happy as that would be more than i've ever lost on any other diet in the first week. Reading about everyone else's losses I should really lose more than that
@Darcy15 I'm irritable too, but I don't know if that is the diet or a bit of work stress.

I'm hoping the "top of the world" feeling arrives soon! The headache isnt so bad today - but I have upped the water intake and eased off mint tea.

I'm doing fine today thanks!
I think ketosis has arrived!!! My temperature has plummeted, my energy levels have rocketed, and the headaches have disappeared. Only downside of today has been the the pizza I had for dinner - this was yuk:(
I ate it because I needed to eat something but the rest of the pack (and you get 7 in a pack) are heading for the bin.
Looking forward to my first weigh in tomorrow :)

The results are in........8lbs lost

So happy. Glad I didn't cave in and weight daily and spoil the surprise.

Thanks Darcy15

Back