Puddings SYN-FREE Banana CousCous Cake

MrsFinch

Hi,

I only joined SW recently and was struggling with finding low-syn puddings that weren't so 'samey' (You know, fruit, yoghurt, maybe an alpen bar...etc), and my Nan gave me this recipe. I tried it straight away and it's delicious; it's got the texture of cake!

1 cup of plain couscous
1 cup of water
2 bananas (one mashed, one chopped)
1 bananas and custard mullerlight
2 eggs
Cinnamon/Nutmeg
Sweetener

1. Make the CousCous up in a mixing bowl, until nice and fluffy.

2. Stir in the Mullerlight and bananas

3. Whisk the eggs quite well in a separate bowl and slowly pour into the mixture.

4. At this point, I add about 3-4 tablespoons of sweetener (I have a sweet tooth), and a teaspoon each of cinnamon and nutmeg.

5. Pour into a cake tin or loaf tin (I find loaf tins work perfectly), and cook at 180c for about 25 - 30mins, or until firm and golden.

6. Sprinkle with a little more sweetener when it comes out the oven...and Voila!

You could use the basic couscous and eggs mix with any flavour...eg. Lemon (use lemon mullerlight, lemon juice, and lemon zest)

Hope you enjoy xxxx

ashington44 said:
Would you not have to sin for cooked banana?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I also think u have to syn the couscous too, as yr using it as a flour sub, sadly it works out quite high. :((

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yea the above posters are correct, you would have to syn the banana for being mashed and cooked plus as the cous cous is being used as a flour substitute it needs to be synned as if it is a non free food eg as per a red day x

I thought you would only have to SYN it if it was grounded as flour the same as with rice oats etc
I think as it is used as couscous being made up with water it is SYN free but the mashed and cooked banana would have to be SYNed
But the lemon would be SYN free if I have time will ring helpline 2morrow as I thought it's the bulk factor ie the effect on how much insulin is produced by the body to digest it

Hi - I'd agree it'd need to be synned if u were eating large amounts of the cake - but when I make this cake it lasts for about 2 weeks in the fridge and my OH likes it so I only have a small slice every now and then so don't syn it!

I've lost 16.25lbs in 7 weeks and I'm happy with that so will carry on. Of course we're all individuals and will decide what suits us best!!

Hi - I'd agree it'd need to be synned if u were eating large amounts of the cake - but when I make this cake it lasts for about 2 weeks in the fridge and my OH likes it so I only have a small slice every now and then so don't syn it!

I've lost 16.25lbs in 7 weeks and I'm happy with that so will carry on. Of course we're all individuals and will decide what suits us best!!

I would agree with this, its not like you are going to be eating this all at once. I would query the keeping it for 2wks though but I am really pernickity when it comes to the length of time you can keep things for!!

Allie

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I also think u have to syn the couscous too, as yr using it as a flour sub, sadly it works out quite high. :((

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know it is a long time ago but you only syn couscous if you are making like flour

Back