Syn free carribean meatballs

wiigirl

500g lean steak mince, zest & juice of a lime, 1.5 tbsp of jamacian jerk spice, 1 onion sliced thinly, 1 large red pepper sliced into strips.1 tin of chopped tomatoes and 150ml of beef stock.

Take a large mixing bowl place mince, juice & zest of lime and half tbsp of jerk spices mixing altogether in bowl. Spray frylight into frying pan and make mixture into roughly 20 small meatballs. fry until outside is brown may need to do this in batches set aside.
Fry onions and peppers until slightly softened, add the chopped tomatoes, beef stock and remaining jerk spice, return the meatballs
to the pan and cover and simmer for 20mins until sauce thickens, you may need to remove lid last 5-10 mins to allow the sauce to thicken. Serve with Syn free savoury rice. I made these for our sw taster night last week, they were the first dish to be finished you will really like them, just something different to try.xx

sounds lovely, thanks for posting.

Thanks alot, i love sharing recipes and helping others on plan, its so easy to get bored with the same old dinners, anything that can spice up a boring dish suits me fine. They are very easy and quick to make and serve as soon as sauce thickens. Try my recipe for peppercorn beef its lovely too.:D

will give these a go soon :)

Please give your verdict on these if you make them,i love them and they are a great alternative to italian meatballs.x

Back