Syn free chips....

Em8888

Hi everyone, I'm new to SW and have been doing it since Tues - had weigh in on Mon.

With the syn free chips, I was wondering whether they would still be syn free if I cooked them in an acti fry with the fry light spray? If it is that would be a lot easier for me! Any help would be greatly appreciated xxx

I don't have an actifry myself, but there is a lady at my group who cooks chips in the actifry using frylight and yes they are syn free. She eats them most days and has fabulous losses.

They are expensive, I used my dads! He uses it to cook his chips in all the time and you can do, chicken, sausages, that kind of thing.
I must say they were delish last night!

would u say its worth the initial outlay and does anyone know how much you can cook in it at a time?

Personally speaking I think it's been worth it - both my dad and myself have it, as you can just stick things in and leave them to cook. I have been able to get a meal for 2 in there in the past - eg sausage and chips etc.

Em8888 said:
Personally speaking I think it's been worth it - both my dad and myself have it, as you can just stick things in and leave them to cook. I have been able to get a meal for 2 in there in the past - eg sausage and chips etc.

I meant my dad and I use it a lot!

how much are they? would love to have "proper" chips lol i do love the slimming world chips but parboiling and laying on a tray, spraying with frylight is so much work sometimes!!

how much are they? would love to have "proper" chips lol i do love the slimming world chips but parboiling and laying on a tray, spraying with frylight is so much work sometimes!!

You don't need to parboil them :D Just cut into chips/wedges, spray with Frylight, and stick them in the oven. ;)

I wasn't happy with my SW chips and it was recommended to me that I do them this way and I've honestly never looked back :D

We had ours for £87 in January and then when we went to buy one for my M-I-L's Birthday in February the cheapest we could find one for was £105 but I'm sure that the offers come and go, you just have to keep your ear to the ground!!

I adore our Actifry!! It makes great chips, SW style roast potatoes and I cook both Quorn and low syn/syn free sausages in it and it cooks/browns them perfectly! I find they can catch a bit when cooking them with Frylight in a pan!X

Back