Syn Free Coleslaw

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by jojomax, 16 March 2012.

1. jojomax

jojomax New Member

Does anyone have a recipe for Slimming World Syn Free Coleslaw (type thingy!). I know it won't be the same as mayonnaise rich stuff.....just want to see if anyone has managed to make anything at 'least tasty'. :confused:
  2. lawlaw

lawlaw Active Member

Hiya JoJo if u use the search element to this site you will find everything you need. Just type in the recipe and away you go :p happy cooking :D
  3. imthatguy

imthatguy Active Member

I make coleslaw all time.and it well in my house i use....
    2 carrots
    White cabbage
    Red onion
    Fat free fromage frais

Grate the carrot, shread the cabbage abd thinly slice the onion.
    Chuck it in a bowl and add as much fromage frais as u like to get to a consistancy u like then just season it with salt and pepper.

I find that if u leave it like an hour before u use it then it all comes together better and looks like proper coleslaw....

Dw if after an hour u look at it and it looks watery just give it a gd mix and it will b yummy :)
  4. bobbytooshoes

bobbytooshoes New Member

Not quite syn free but I make mine as above but add a squeeze of lemon and a tbsp of very low fat mayo (0.5 syn) to the fat free fromage frais. Makes it a little more creamy and actually prefer it to the shop bought ones now.
  5. jojomax

jojomax New Member

Thank You are GREAT! I shall get some Fromage Frais this afternoon :O) . We have a new Mandolin so I will be cooking up a barch! Thanks Again. xxxxx
  6. shellsbells-x

shellsbells-x Well-Known Member

You might want to try adding a dash of vinegar and a sprinkle of mustard and sweetener too, and maybe an egg yolk x works a treat with mine but I use quark and fat free yogurt in mine so those extras might just work with that xxxx

Good luck, my other half can't get enough of mine!! Xx
  7. Spek79

Spek79 Well-Known Member

Ooh I'll try that too. Always struggle to find fat free fromage frais though..
  8. imthatguy

imthatguy Active Member

I use tescos light choices fromage frais thats free on ee
  9. tashab

tashab Well-Known Member

I love tescos light choices fromage frais I use it for everythng
  10. Chubbylass

Chubbylass Well-Known Member

Gonna give this a try, might work well with SW KFC chicken ;)
  11. Queen Bizzle

Queen Bizzle Well-Known Member

ooo good ideas :) does everyone grate all the ingredients? I've never made a colesslaw before!! haha xx
  12. imthatguy

imthatguy Active Member

I only tend to grate the carrot I finely slice the pinion and cabbage....altho gratung wud work just as well :)
  13. shelly22

shelly22 Well-Known Member

Hiya could you please post your exact recipe as think this would be the one fit
  14. shellsbells-x

shellsbells-x Well-Known Member

Will post something while in on my pc at work tomorrow for you :) x
  15. Dear_Maria

Dear_Maria Well-Known Member

Wow, liking this, will try this tonight :happy036:
  16. shelly22

shelly22 Well-Known Member

Aww thanks that would be great x
  17. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Well-Known Member

Loving homemade coleslaw at the minute, I have it with everything!! Lately I've been having it on a baked sweet potato, with homemade burgers, in a wrap as a sandwich filler...all sorts!!

I make mine by grating 1/2 a white cabbage, 1 carrot and roughly slicing 1 onion. Mix all together with 1 tbsp of Quark and about 3 tbsp of FF fromage frais - I find the Quark makes it seem a bit richer than just fromage frais alone.

Quite often I'll also add a healthy a allowance of grated cheese to it too. Cheesy coleslaw absolutely Syn free - heaven!! :drool:
  18. fifee

fifee Well-Known Member

Sounds fab!! I must try that. Ive just finished my first week, got lots to learn lol
  19. Keldelacoe

Keldelacoe Vintage Virgin Vegan

I peel a carrot so it makes ribbons, onion sliced and shredded pointed cabbage (much nicer than a white one) 1 tsp of wholegrain mustard, 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar and extra light mayo (sorry but quark is just vile in coleslaw IMO) bladdy lovely :)

Oh and a sliced sweet apple... Makes all the difference
  20. Bobbi.T

Bobbi.T Well-Known Member

Yummy, that sounds good. Think I prefer the extra light mayo option to quark. Never tried quark but just don't think it sounds very appealing.... In the same category as quorn & tofu in my books. ;)

Will def give this a try for next wheel.

R. X