1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Snacks Syn free hummus (ee or green day)

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Kwise1, 21 March 2011 Social URL.

1. Kwise1

Kwise1  THE WISE ONE 

INGREDIENTS

1 tin chick peas , drain liquid into a cup as you will need some
    1 lemon, squeezed
    1 Large Clove Garlic
    Salt
    Smoked Paprika
    Garlic Powder
    Frylight

METHOD

Put chickpeas in a food processor with the garlic and a little of the chickpea liquid and whizz on high power until smooth. Add more liquid if too thick. Keep scraping the sides of the bowl down and re-whizz where needed

Add the juice of 1 lemon, a shake of smoked paprika, salt and a shake of garlic powder.

Whizz again

Taste and season as you prefer using additional salt, paprika or garlic powder

It really is down to taste.

Then add a few sprays of Frylight and whizz again.

Refrigerate - it tastes better- also I found it was even better the next day ;)
    Yum

Serve with sliced red,orange and yellow peppers, cucumber and carrot batons

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Helenbeth

Helenbeth Member

Thank you! Can't wait to try this - going shopping today and will pick up the bits I need. I have been desperate for low syn snacks which are savoury rather than sweet. :eatdrink051:

4. Helenbeth

Helenbeth Member

It's a winner :) I added some jalapeno for a little extra pep, and served it up with a shake of paprika on the top. Lovely.

5. kdub24

kdub24 I Will & I Can!!

mmmmmm yours looks lovely, but i done a version of this the other day t'was nice but i think i overdone it on the garlic needed more lemon juice 2.

6. Kwise1

Kwise1  THE WISE ONE 

I think the garlic and lemon part is definitely something that should be altered to your own taste ;)

Glad you liked it :thankyou:

Kx

7. Sharry

Sharry Well-Known Member

I have been looking at this recipe for months thinking would it taste as good as the reduced fat hummous that I generally buy in tesco... Just to say I made this today took half out as made by your recipe then added fresh coriander to the remaining half and whizzed again, I am amazed at how gorgeous this hummous is I LOVE it thankyou so much for sharing. I follow your food dairy and herby cheese potatoes are next on my list. You are an inspiration xxx

8. joolyliss

joolyliss Well-Known Member

Yum! Thanx for recipe x

9. clarabella00

clarabella00 New Member

thank you. i make houmous but i can never get the right tang of flavour. i love paprika, so will def be making this soon!

x

10. Jodie-D

Jodie-D Well-Known Member

Gonna try this too, thanks

11. RUTHYJ357

RUTHYJ357 Well-Known Member

Yummy just made it delish!!! Xxxxx

12. clairebrookes

clairebrookes Well-Known Member

I've been making my own houmous using a recipe similar to this and it's lovely.... I'm very heavy handed with the garlic sometimes though and alienate my family... Oops!

Better than shop bought in my opinion and I sometimes make it with loads of roasted red pepper so get my 1/3 superfree!

13. RUTHYJ357

RUTHYJ357 Well-Known Member

I put a lot of garlic in mine .....l.so much I've just had to at a mint but I don't care lol xxxx

14. Emz_x

Emz_x Member

Yummy!! I made this yesterday and agree it tastes much better the day after!! Think I put in a little too much paprika though!! xx

15. missy1978

missy1978 Big Bird

This is basically the same as the recipe I use from Appitite for Reduction - it's so good!

I usual do mine without the paprika and then add jalapeño and coriander - it tastes lovely and has a real firey kick to it :)

16. salski

salski Manchester City FC!

I made this at weekend...took it to work and lots of comments about how it smelt (GARLIC) and the day after how I smelt too :) worth it...it's delicious! X

17. CiaraDaisy

CiaraDaisy Well-Known Member

Got to try this!

18. apesxx

apesxx New Member

When I make syn free humous I blend the chickpeas with fat free natural yoghurt instead of water :) I also add half a chilli which gives it a nice kick x

19. agent44

agent44 Well-Known Member

I've made it from Appetite for Reduction too. I might try a caremelized onion version next.

20. salski

salski Manchester City FC!

Last night I made chickpeas and a huge handful of stuffed parsley, chilli, garlic salt and pepper. A_mah_zing!!

21. Mandlegrot

Mandlegrot Well-Known Member

Yum, just made this! will be munching guilt free with crudites for my superfree...only problem is i have a crap food processor so had to add quite a bit of water for it to blend at all, came out chunky which is cool with me but i think i'll be investing in a proper food processor when i have some money!