Syn free or low syn snacks

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
Hi guys
I am back on sw again tomorrow and want to hVe advice on syn free or low syn snacks. I know to massively snack on fruit and that's fine but I get so hungry as I am always tired from lack of sleep with two children who wake me up at 4am
And often have 2 hours a night sleep after a night shift at work.
So if there's anything u could recommend as a snack that would be amazing. X

Boiled eggs are my go to if fruit and veg won't cut it. I always have half a dozen pre boiled in the fridge. The protein is very filling. Sometimes ill wrap them in some ham. Yummy. Otherwise I eat A LOT of carrot sticks.

I have a mug shot in the day if I fancy something! Or an apple.

For the Xmas period I've decided I'm going to make myself a load of low syn or free snacks in advance and keep them in the fridge. That way it will save me going for the more naughty snacks! I'm going to make a big batch of: melt in the middle meatballs, KFC chicken, veggie rice for the freezer so I can cook as I want them. Also gonna make myself some devilled eggs, SW quiche, scotch eggs and smash pizza to keep in the fridge along with cold meats. I'm also going to make myself the SW chilli & tomato jam...

Little kitten will you cone and live with me, , everything you have listed sounds yum, by the way what is melt in the middle meatballs?

Syn free hummus with carrot sticks, I add jalapenos, I like mine spicey. Scan bran cake, syn-free if using as a hex b, I add a skim of chocolate philly as a topping, 25g is 3.5syns. Veggie cous cous, can be eaten hot or cold.

Syn free hummus with carrot sticks.

THERE IS SYN FREE HUMMUS?! I am going to look up the recipe online and make this at the weekend! Yay!

THERE IS SYN FREE HUMMUS?! I am going to look up the recipe online and make this at the weekend! Yay!

Yeah, there's a few recipes/variations, you can stick syn free hummus in the search box.

I used Ermintrude's recipe.............

Hummus recipe: (FREE on green/EE)

1 tin chickpeas, drained (keep the juice)
1-2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice (about half a lemon)
1 tsp ground cumin
about 10 medium jalapeno slices (I like mine quite hot, you might want less than this)
Plenty of salt & freshly ground pepper

Stick the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, cumin and jalapenos in a food processor. Add 1 tbsp of the juice from the jalapeno jar and about 4tbsp of the juice from the chickpeas and whizz to desired consistency.

You will need to adjust the amount of chickpea juice to suit how thick/runny you like your hummus.

For the melt in the middle meatballs I get some extra lean mince and put it in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and I usually chop up a red chilli and put that in the bowl too and add a beaten egg and mix it all together. I then take little bits of the mince and roll it all into tiny balls.

Once they are in balls I flatten the balls, put a laughing cow light on them (I usually squidge the laughing cow into a ball shape) and then wrap the mince around them so you essentially have meatballs with laughing cow in the middle. Then cook for 20/25 minutes.

I then either have them with a tomato sauce and spaghetti or on their own with the SW chilli and tomato jam! (http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/296871-sw-tomato-chilli-jam.html)

They're gorgeous, and they feel really naughty! I'm going to make a HUGE batch of them and keep them in the freezer so I can cook a few at a time and have them around for Xmas snacking.

Back