syn free pate

Lizmee

hi im not sure if it was on this site or somewhere else that i saw a syn free chicken liver pate but cant find it , any ideas please , was hoping to make it for xmas day ! thanks

hi im not sure if it was on this site or somewhere else that i saw a syn free chicken liver pate but cant find it , any ideas please , was hoping to make it for xmas day ! thanks

Just type it into google and the minimins thread are normally the first to come up! HTH

ive made syn free pate by frying chicken livers in garlic sweated down onions and rosemary and blending or altenatively you can leave out the onion and mix philly hex a or blend with some total 0% greek yog

I made this and added some bacon, really tastes lovely.

1 Tub of Asda Frozen Chicken Livers
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 Large Onion
Mushrooms (optional)
Any herbs, seasoning or spices you want to add!
Fry light.
Low Fat Fromage Frais

1. Defrost the chicken livers over night. Once defrosted, cut off any red of miscoloured parts (they give it a bitter taste) and put to one side.
2. Slice up the onions, garlic and mushrooms (if using) and using a non-stick pan and brown with Fry Light. Add any herbs or flavouring!
3. Add the chicken livers and cook for 5-10 minutes until everything is cooked. This looks pretty gross but I assure you, tasty times are on their way. Once cooked, leave to one side to chill slightly. Add some salt and pepper!
4. Using a blender or food processor, blitz the mix with a few tablespoons of fromage frais. Add more herbs if necessary - keep tasting until you're happy with it!
5. Pour the mixture into ramekins, cover and place in the fridge to set. Leave for 4 hours

Back