syn free peppercorn sauce?

newbie09

Hi all, im new to the forums and was just wondering if there is a recipe for a syn free peppercorn sauce if you are on a green day?

Thank you :D

syn free peppercorn sauce

I'm having this tonight - it's lovely... and free on all plans!!!

1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
312ml/11fl oz chicken stock
1 tbs crushed peppercorns
1 tbs worcestershire sauce
198g/7oz very low fat natural fromage frais
salt and freshly ground black pepper

1. Place onion, garlic and stock in a pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, add the peppercorns and worcestershire sauce and simmer for 15-20 mins, or until the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened.

2. Remove from the heat, stir in the fromage frais and season with salt and pepper.

3. Keep the sauce warm until ready to use, but do not allow it to boil or it will curdle.

From the Slimming World book "Saucy Secrets".

This sounds lush Jackie, may have to treat myself to a steak on Saturday to try this out. Thanks for the receipe xx

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for posting this recipe. I tried it at the beginning of last week and both myself and OH enjoyed it, so much so, we are having it again this evening with steaks!:D:gimi:

I made this last night and its absolutely gorgeous! Thanks Jackie you are an absolute star for this recipe - I love peppercorn sauce with steak and Ive been synning it for ages so to find a syn free one that actually tastes better than the packet or carton stuff and is really easy to make is great!

just what i've been looking for. thanks.

do you think i could miss out the onion though, or even put chunks of it in while cooking and take it out, me and my OH don't like onion lol. xx

just what i've been looking for. thanks.

do you think i could miss out the onion though, or even put chunks of it in while cooking and take it out, me and my OH don't like onion lol. xx

i made this a couple of weeks ago and it was lovely, i did miss out the onion though, would definitely make again. xx

i made it last night and used 1tsbp creme fraiche (low fat) it tasted awesome!!! i counted it as 2 syns per person! the stock was free, so i just counted for the gravy granules and cf! x

Does it taste of peppercorn sauce or can you taste the fromage frais? Just I don't like things that are cooked with yoghurt etc., so just wondering what this is actually like!!!

Jo

hey, made this last night over steak and had salad and sw chips with it and tonight i made it again only with chicken, rice and salad it is to die for lol

Sx

Gorgeous!

I joined up specifically to find a SW friendly peppercorn sauce recipe and this one really hit the spot.

I used 50g quark instead of the fromage frais and it was delish.

Thanks for this, we are having steak tonight and I was hoping for a syn free pepper sauce to top it off :)

had this a few times before and its yummy, trying to find alternatives to gravy as its so synful. So Im having pork chops, mash veg and peppercorn sauce, yum

Just made this... OMG! Amazing is the only word that works! Will be making this time and time again!

Thanks for this recipe. I am going to try it tonight. I live in Spain so am using fat free queso fresco which i think is like creme fraiche or quark it tastes yogurty anyway, just wondering though if i will need cornflour to stop it curdling or separating

Back