syn free rice pudding lemony twist,

frankinstein123

Gold Member
hey there,
not sure if this has been posted before I'm quite new to all this and I only started slimming world EE plan 6 or so days ago.
Basically I googled the syn free rice pudding and the syn free lemon curd recipe, I started making them both seperatly, and my lemon curd wouldn't go to like a solid state, I think I added too much fromage frais, tasted nice though. So I had an idea, and once my pudding rice had cooked, I added the 'lemon curd' which was of a like custard texture, to the rice pudding, oh my gosh! it was actually lovely, really nice, better than the other recipes I've seen with milk and muller light :) the things i used were

sweetner, two eggs, lemon, and fromage frais, I used about 4 tbsp of it so this is why it didn't go to curd texture it should of done,

then once it had gone like custard and 'cooked' over the steaming water, I added it to my pudding rice,

I am right in thinking this is syn free lol? and ok?

thanks
Kat
x

yes it is syn free, sounds lovely too!

For the lemony sauce,
2tbsp sweetner
2 large eggs
Lemon zest and juice
I used about 5 tbsp Fat free yogurt

Over a pan of water find a suitable bowl to sit on top, whisk your eggs in the bowl with the lemon juice, zest and sweetner.
Leave over the pan for about 3 or 4 mins and add your yogurt and give it a stir, meanwhile cook your pudding rice until all the water has gone, once your lemony sauce has gone to like a custard consistancy add to your rice, yum! Lol
I put mine in little boxes and stuck in the fridge so I have nice portion sizes x it was really creamy, deffo has the texture of rice pudding and tasted very nice, I used that truvia, got some free from work and although expensive it tastes like caramel, its better for puddings due to its consistancy x

For the lemony sauce,
2tbsp sweetner
2 large eggs
Lemon zest and juice
I used about 5 tbsp Fat free yogurt

Over a pan of water find a suitable bowl to sit on top, whisk your eggs in the bowl with the lemon juice, zest and sweetner.
Leave over the pan for about 3 or 4 mins and add your yogurt and give it a stir, meanwhile cook your pudding rice until all the water has gone, once your lemony sauce has gone to like a custard consistancy add to your rice, yum! Lol
I put mine in little boxes and stuck in the fridge so I have nice portion sizes x it was really creamy, deffo has the texture of rice pudding and tasted very nice, I used that truvia, got some free from work and although expensive it tastes like caramel, its better for puddings due to its consistancy x

Thank you! Think I need to buy a lemon and maybe some pudding rice. Hopefully I'l get the chance to try tomorrow and have it ready for after weigh in :D

Thank you - this does look yum! Is Truvia the sweetner? I have tried one sweetner but thought it left a strange taste. I really need to find one I like as the one and half sugars in my coffee is not very good for the diet!

Made rice pudding the other night and used my milk allowance, pudding rice was free but blew it by using sugar - grrr.

This sounds delicious, I'm adding to my list of to try recipes, thanks for sharing :)

Truvia yes the new sweetener, aye it does have a very strange taste to it, and it's expensive but it resembles sugar the most and when cooked with its not too bad! :) x

Mmm good idea, I'll need to try that. So far have stayed away from sweet recipes, way more confident with creating savoury stuff..

I do an orange twist to my rice pudding, by replacing some of the milk with the juice from 2 oranges and adding some zest to taste.

Back