Syn intake

I really would try and have more love yes, after all, we're allowed them so have them! Not only that, the weeks that I've had a lower amount of syns I've maintained or even gained :-(. I believe most people that have an average of maybe 10 a day like me have good weightlosses. If you don't know what to use them on here's some ideas.....
Options hot choc 2 or 3 syns depending on flavour, 2 tablespoons aerosol cream .5 syn, flump marshmallow 2.5 syns (thats what I call my SW Deluxe Hot Choc lol)
Mini bars of choc, treat size, range between 3 and 5 syns
Extra light mayo 1 syn per tablespoon

The list is endless really, and I'm sure even if you've eaten really well you could still manage a hot choc (if you like hot choc that is lol) or add things to your meals.....on a Sunday I use my syns for a yorkshire pud, stuffing and gravy.....

Hope this helps and good luck....but try and have more xx

Hi ya - I too wonder about the syn intake - I have half a stone to lose so wld 15 syns be too many for me because as you say, we're ALL allowed 15 syns, so if a person needs to shed 1, 2, 3 or more stone then do I need to take in less syns???

Smigget I don't know the answer to that one :-( sorry. Love your pic btw!! x

Parker, I can't get my head round the 'if you don't eat enough you don't lose weight' but I have seen for myself that it is true. Weird eh x

Nope, everyone can have up to 15 syns a day irrespective of weight. Even if you take the full 15 syns a day it is only 300 calories worth. Cutting back to say 10 a day only saves you 700 calories over the course of a week so not enough to amount to even a 1lb loss.

Hey P - I totally agree - people here say you must have lotza syns (suits me) otherwise you shant lose the weight, but rationally I'd assume the heavier you are, the more syns you are allowed - it's a bit like calorie counting in a way - again, the heavier you are, the more yr allowed - so as I have half a stone to shed, I daren't go over 10 a day, again assuming this to be ok .... nobody really seems to know the right answer to this query do they? :eek:))) xx

My C says have the 15 a day and then as you begin to plateau cut down to 10. I think that this is basically to do with the fact that the larger you are, the more calories you need to eat to keep your body going (which is why starving yourself never works when you have al ot of weight to lose). Think about it this way. A Land Rover needs more petrol to get for A to B than a Corsa would to go the same distance. Currently I'm a 4Litre V8 Land Rover- ideally i'd like to be a Vauxhall Astra :)

My C says have the 15 a day and then as you begin to plateau cut down to 10. I think that this is basically to do with the fact that the larger you are, the more calories you need to eat to keep your body going (which is why starving yourself never works when you have al ot of weight to lose). Think about it this way. A Land Rover needs more petrol to get for A to B than a Corsa would to go the same distance. Currently I'm a 4Litre V8 Land Rover- ideally i'd like to be a Vauxhall Astra :)

Love the analogy (sp?):)

Denise

Back