Syn use, too much bread?

buckeejit

Hey all, I'm a mad lover of bread and I've recently joined SW and moved from white bread to brown. I now eat the slices from 400g Nimble Bread, think it's Hovis.

Anyway, I tend to use some syns daily for bread as I don't fancy chocolate etc. and I was wondering if this is a bad idea? I heard someone saying that bread must be eaten in moderation on SW the other day and that eating to much may affect weight loss. Any truth to this?

I thought that my syns were to use on what I wanted?

The syns are there to be used and as long as you are within syns/Hex allowances, then it should be ok.

However, some people think that bread causes them to not lose as well (same as some people say eating a lot of pasta does, and that's free).

I would eat what you fancy, but review your plan in a week or two if you don't lose?

The syns are there to be used and as long as you are within syns/Hex allowances, then it should be ok.

However, some people think that bread causes them to not lose as well (same as some people say eating a lot of pasta does, and that's free).

I would eat what you fancy, but review your plan in a week or two if you don't lose?

Well I would use my HexB for breakfast and then syn later if I wanted bread. Is this okay to do?

As long as you stay within your syns you can use them for whatever you like.

Everyone is different we all have our so called trigger foods.
I love bread and pasta but they not so keen on me and even if I have bread just as my HEB it has a detrimental effect on my weight loss.
The joys of SW is that it's so flexible that we can tailor the plan to our individual needs.

Well, I'm a carboholic! I do green days and virtually always have two bread servings, sometimes three (one lot syned, two as HEB). I'm still dropping weight off. Like everyone, I get weeks when I sts/gain, but not many. And I always lose more the following week. I don't think that's anything to do with bread, more just my body adjusting to weight loss and going through its natural fluctuations.

That said, my holistic nutritionist friend says that some people have overeaten foods to such an extent that their body cannot digest them properly, leading to bloating or weight gain. She reckons if that is you, you should leave out that particular food for a while to allow your digestion to recover. And she says wheat is the worst culprit, meaning my beloved bread and pasta!

So, I reckon use your syns as you want and if you notice a CONSISTANT problem with losses, maybe try reducing bread

The things is with bread is that it's really easy to go over your Syns, as long as you stick to 400g loaf and the 2 slices you should be fine, but beware the crusty bread etc that can increase the syns massively!

Back