Syn Values for Butters, Sauces,dressings and dips Please!

LilmissMunchies said:
Hi everyone! :gen147:

I would love to know what Butters, Sauces, Dressings and Dips people use which are low syn (or FREE!) on Extra Easy Plan
I would also love to hear ideas for making your own too as I do love my sauces, dips and salad dressings! yummm!

Thanks Everyone for reading and I will have my pen and paper at the ready for any tips:grouphugg:

Butter buds are half a syn each from lakeland I haven't tried them but they're meant to be great for mash for that buttery taste x

on the facebook slimming world group someone put a syn free bbq sauce recipe I've been meaning to try...
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetner
4 tbsp balsamaic vinegar
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground black pepper

I'm doing a mushroom sauce for over my steak and mash for tea with just mushrooms, clove of garlic, oxo cube stock and hexa philadelphia light.

Over my salad, I just love fresh lemon squeezed over. I prefer it to salad dressings and mayo.

Butter buds are half a syn each from lakeland I haven't tried them but they're meant to be great for mash for that buttery taste x

I havn't heard of Butter Buds?? Where else can you get them besides Lakeland (I don't know where that is either :hmm:) haha!
1/2 a syn per serving sound very good though! x
Just for quick reference do you know how many syns is a tsp and tbsp of flora light? Or what is the best Light Butter to get?
Thanks! :) x

on the facebook slimming world group someone put a syn free bbq sauce recipe I've been meaning to try.

Yummm I will have to try that as I lurrrvvveee BBQ sauce! ... :drool: I might have some quorn sausages on monday in a wholemeal roll so may make some up on monday and let you know how I get on! :)

If anyone else has any ideas I'd be v. greatful! :greenapple:

Flora light is 1 syn a tsp. Flora Extra Light, which I think you can only get in Tesco now is 0.5 syn a tsp. I put balsamic vinegar on salads. I think hellmans extra light mayo is fairly low syn, not sure how many though. Also Quark with sweet chilli sauce makes a good dip. hth xxx

Wow they do a Flora Extra light?! Must look out for that! I use extra light mayo with my tuna and sweetcorn and add a little seasoning to give it that little bit more flavour but it does stop the tuna from staying too dry.

I think that 1 level Tbsp of Extra light mayo is 1/2 syn on all plans? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though as thats what I was told in class some weeks ago so havn't actually looked for myself! lol.

I need to get some quark and I hear about it in so many recipes and things that I must try it! What does the packet look like that it comes in?

I havn't heard of Butter Buds?? Where else can you get them besides Lakeland (I don't know where that is either :hmm:) haha!
1/2 a syn per serving sound very good though! x
Just for quick reference do you know how many syns is a tsp and tbsp of flora light? Or what is the best Light Butter to get?
Thanks! :) x

1 syn for tsp flora light and its enough to spread on 2 slices small toast. And enough for a jacket :) we just put 2 tsp in our mashed potato today between 6 people so not even half syn each for buttery potato!

I didn't know they did extra light either

I personally don't really use butter or spreads anymore... If I'm having a jacket potato and missing butter I'll add a laughing cow extra light triangle to each half, spread it on just like butter and it satisfies those cravings :) A HexA too, so no need to syn it. As for sauces, I think there are fat free dressings and vineagrettes that you can have for free with your salad etc :) My favourite sauce at the moment is the nandos sauce, only 1/2 syn per tbsp! Yum yum :) Spices anything up nicely

Also, it's not a dip or sauce etc, but I'm pretty sure that Nandos peri peri chip sprinkle (also sold in Tesco) is free! It's reeeeeally yummy and great on chips (as the name would suggest... :p) but salads, rice, cous cous - anything! :D

Also, it's not a dip or sauce etc, but I'm pretty sure that Nandos peri peri chip sprinkle (also sold in Tesco) is free! It's reeeeeally yummy and great on chips (as the name would suggest... :p) but salads, rice, cous cous - anything! :D

Way to go Tesco's!! I am going to look out for them tomorrow when I go shopping!.... actually better still you have just reminded me I can do it online as I'm really busy tomorrow!!!... Perfect ! ;)

For a nice tomato sauce that goes well with pasta, chicken in baked bean lasange I do this:

Passata, worchestershire sauce, basil, paprika, garlic and very thiny sliced mushrooms - you don't need to add the mushrooms though :)

Fry light do a brand called salad light - they have a balsamic vinegar and a ceasar salad dressing one they are both free and last 6 months in the fridge.

I use nando's peri salt on a few things.

There is a mayflower curry sauce mix that I use for my curry's and it's 4 syns for 100ml of it made up, never use 100ml though as I only like enough to just cover whatever kind of curry I'm having :)

I'm really not sure, I've never had mint sauce with anything lol

Mint sauce is free as long as its sugar free? Although I don't know where sells it. (I hate anything minty lol) x

Back