Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Syns - Daily or Weekly?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Trijian, 12 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Trijian

Trijian Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm trying to figure out the best way to work Syns. My impression was that it was supposed to be a daily thing, with 5-15, but at meeting tonight, someone was talking about how they have items totalling 70 Syns a week put aside.

Is it wise to save them all up, or is it best to spread them out? Or is it really a matter of personal preference?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. anoushka

anoushka Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10%)
    I think officially SW don't condone the weekly approach but plenty do it, myself included, with success. I find I can manage my social life much better when I can have 30 syns on a Sat night, or more than 15 if I have dinner out in the week. It balances out with the days where I have very few syns. So really it's up to you- good luck!

4. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Most of the time I have my 15 a day, but if I know I have a night out coming up then I will save them for that night.

5. Maccasmum

Maccasmum Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(7.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Many moons ago when I did SW, they used to say you can save you syns , when I asked why they don't tell you that any more,I was told by a member that they can't be seen to condone binge drinking, as that is what many people save them up for.

6. ema6

ema6 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(16.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I also use my syns at the weekend: drink alcohol without counting (ashamed to admit it!) have a little chocolate and a meal out (try to be sensible tho e.g. get pasta with tomoato sauce but will allow a piece or two of garlic bread) I then have no syns during the week at all and as you can see weight loss has worked up to week 6! (Week 7 won't be good tho due to TOTM and been at a wedding Saturday!)

I know that I will have to be more strict as dieting goes on but at present its working. hope that helps x
    Hope that helps

7. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I usually do mine weekly - with a mini rule to ensure i have at least 5 per day.

Whatever suits you best xxx

8. AJB

AJB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    That makes sense - drinking a bottle of rose wine in one night is binge drinking (my GP took great delight in pointing that out!) so I guess they can't condone me saving 30 Syns for my guilty pleasure :D

9. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    The SW website says that it's fine to save them up if you want to providing that you don't feel deprived on the days that you have less syns.
    I always have mine weekly and use most at the weekends - not for alcohol, because I don't drink, but I have more foods with sauces and extra snacks at the weekends.

10. lurverick

lurverick Now to maintain.....

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.4%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world.
    i use mine daily but on 2 or 3 occasions where ive used loads on one day then i did readjust my daily ones to make sure i was still in my weekly total.

11. CAPRICORN

CAPRICORN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I use mine daily.. and its a case of "use em or lose em" - I can use my 15 if I want to, but its very rare that I need/want that many... For me, the using of them weekly wouldn't have stopped my tendancy to "feast or famine":eek: ... as things stand SW is the first ever diet/lifestyle change where I don't lunge from overeating to eating as little as possible to try and claw it back :happy036:

12. Wendyswoo

Wendyswoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I'm new to all this, but thats exactly how i'm doing it.
    I might have to save some in a few weeks time as it's hubbys and my sons birthday but i've already told hubby we can't go out for a meal until after i've had WI:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.