Syns - Daily or Weekly?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Trijian, 12 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Trijian

Trijian Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm trying to figure out the best way to work Syns. My impression was that it was supposed to be a daily thing, with 5-15, but at meeting tonight, someone was talking about how they have items totalling 70 Syns a week put aside.

Is it wise to save them all up, or is it best to spread them out? Or is it really a matter of personal preference?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. anoushka

anoushka Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(10%)
    I think officially SW don't condone the weekly approach but plenty do it, myself included, with success. I find I can manage my social life much better when I can have 30 syns on a Sat night, or more than 15 if I have dinner out in the week. It balances out with the days where I have very few syns. So really it's up to you- good luck!

4. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Most of the time I have my 15 a day, but if I know I have a night out coming up then I will save them for that night.

5. Maccasmum

Maccasmum Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(7.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Many moons ago when I did SW, they used to say you can save you syns , when I asked why they don't tell you that any more,I was told by a member that they can't be seen to condone binge drinking, as that is what many people save them up for.

6. ema6

ema6 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(16.25%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I also use my syns at the weekend: drink alcohol without counting (ashamed to admit it!) have a little chocolate and a meal out (try to be sensible tho e.g. get pasta with tomoato sauce but will allow a piece or two of garlic bread) I then have no syns during the week at all and as you can see weight loss has worked up to week 6! (Week 7 won't be good tho due to TOTM and been at a wedding Saturday!)

I know that I will have to be more strict as dieting goes on but at present its working. hope that helps x
    Hope that helps

7. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I usually do mine weekly - with a mini rule to ensure i have at least 5 per day.

Whatever suits you best xxx

8. AJB

AJB Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.48%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    That makes sense - drinking a bottle of rose wine in one night is binge drinking (my GP took great delight in pointing that out!) so I guess they can't condone me saving 30 Syns for my guilty pleasure :D

9. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    The SW website says that it's fine to save them up if you want to providing that you don't feel deprived on the days that you have less syns.
    I always have mine weekly and use most at the weekends - not for alcohol, because I don't drink, but I have more foods with sauces and extra snacks at the weekends.

10. lurverick

lurverick Now to maintain.....

Start Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.4%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world.
    i use mine daily but on 2 or 3 occasions where ive used loads on one day then i did readjust my daily ones to make sure i was still in my weekly total.

11. CAPRICORN

CAPRICORN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I use mine daily.. and its a case of "use em or lose em" - I can use my 15 if I want to, but its very rare that I need/want that many... For me, the using of them weekly wouldn't have stopped my tendancy to "feast or famine":eek: ... as things stand SW is the first ever diet/lifestyle change where I don't lunge from overeating to eating as little as possible to try and claw it back :happy036:

12. Wendyswoo

Wendyswoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I'm new to all this, but thats exactly how i'm doing it.
    I might have to save some in a few weeks time as it's hubbys and my sons birthday but i've already told hubby we can't go out for a meal until after i've had WI:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.