Syns & HE's - Mix It Up?

MrsCLW1

Hey All.
So, another weigh in day has arrived and I've lost another lb. that's 8lb in four weeks, which I know I should be pleased with, but what's getting me is its already slowing down. My first week, I lost 3.5lb, then 2.5lb then last two weeks has been 1lbs.
So, it's got me thinking..
Should I/we be mixing up the way we spend our extras? I'm a little stagnant. I use my HEA for milk, my HEB is my cereal and my Syns are a options hot chocolate with a small dairy milk bar in the evening (7syns in total). Is it worth making changes so my body isn't getting used to my intake? So not having cereal every morning (I can't have too much different, school run, work etc, limits time) and mix my Syns a bit more into meals as opposed to treats?
How do you all use your Extras?
Thank you :)

I know its always advised to 'mix it up' but to be honest, I don't think our bodies recognise different types of food as such, it just processes what you eat regardless. I would however say that, its good to vary your foods to avoid getting bored and also you may find that you have 'better' losses with certain foods, I know I do.
Personally, I wouldn't be concerned with your losses. I think you have to average it out rather than look at the weekly loses. So in 4 weeks you have lost 8lb which is an average of 2lb...I'd say that's pretty good going! Just because you have 'only' lost 1lb for the last 2 weeks doesn't necessarily mean that's how its going to be from now on, next week you could lose 2...who knows!?
You are not massively overweight, so you wont get the losses that some have at the beginning, but even so, their losses usually average out too.
Keep doing what you're doing...its clearly working!
As for HE's, I think you just have to choose what fits in with your plan.

Thank you!
Yes, first thing is me changing my prospective. It's not 'only'.
Think I'll try to vary it up, just for the new foods for myself, but you've put it all correctly to me, think it's my thought process that needs to change more!
Thank you for you're encouraging words! :)

Sometimes it surprises you - my losses have been halving for the past four weeks, then suddenly a 3lb loss appears... just keep at it and let it take care of itself!

I don't know whether mixing it up helps weight loss, but I do know that for me it's really important just so that I don't get bored. From past experience I know I'll last about 6 weeks eating the same sort of stuff each day before I'm bored to tears and go off plan. If I'm going to stick to something long term I need the variety to keep me interested, so I mix it up all the time. Research based on 20 years of on and off dieting lol. Good luck whatever you decide to do :)

Back