Syns - how many do you use?

Hi everyone. Do many of you use the max allowance of 15 syns per day? Or do you stick to an average of 10? I have a massive starbucks habit and would like to keep a few of their lower-synned treats in my eating plan if possible (not every day but my god how high are they??)

Do you find a difference in your weightloss if you use 15 a day??

Thanks

Rosie

It just depends but if your new to SW I'd say have the max until you stop losing weight, I wish I'd had that advice when I first joined :p

You are allowed up to 15, so if you need them, use them! Before SW, I was addicted to the skinny lemon and poppyseed muffins, but have you seen how many syns they are?? :eek:

I started off with 10 syns, but I soon upped that to 15- I figure I have such a lot to loose the extra 5 a day will help keep me motivated in the long run and will also give me something to cut back on once the weight loss starts to slow down.

Thanks! I'm going to take it day by day and if I need em, I'll use em :)

I started back on Tuesday after a run of SW during the summer. I'm finding like slimmingmadhouse that I need to use them to help with sweet cravings, once I get over that hurdle I will cut back a little at a time, but for the moment they are all used or almost all used every day.

Don't be scared to use them - some people even report better losses if they use all of their syns! There's no need to restrict them unless your consultant advises it for whatever reason.

I use on average about 10 a day but I've no problem with going all the way to 15 if needed ;) x

I use the fifteen but that means 5 some days and 30 others. Sometimes one bar of dairy milk is not enough! I tend to design meals that are zero or very low syn, so I can keep them for pure indulgence. Today I stocked up my freezer with boxes of free minced beef hash, pork and paprika one pot, cauliflower and chick pea curry and free veggie soups.

I aim to use all 15; most of them are for chocolate.

I use few on a daily basis as I don't find I really need them, then splurge with the ones I save. I can't believe I actually managed to lose weight over christmas :S I am very new though, so metabolism is probably overexcited!

Does anyone else do weekly syns instead? I plan on using today and tomorrow's syns on an enchilada. I'm quite new so keen to hear others' stories of success/avoid for weekly syns...

I'm new too! Only on day 4, but this week i've only used 57.5 of my 105, and I only have 2 days left...I just haven't needed to use them for anything, I havent been restricting myself on stuff, apart from like having cake/brownies that would be like 235235 syns aha! I've still had chocolate and things, I just find that my meals are low syn. But today i used 17 syns, but other days i've only used 2! Really depends on the food/cravings of the day! But people do suggest to use as many as you can when you first start, so I am not holding back on using them if i want them! :) x

I used all 15, some days less and some slightly more but it balances over the week. When I did sw before I always had 15 syns a day and always lost every week. I think to be honest, if I was on less syns then when I wanted a snack I'd end up having free food anyway e.g. a banana or egg which may end up being the same calories anyway.

Having 15 syns helps me stick to it as I don't have to rule out treats that 5 syns a day wouldn't allow for. I think there is more benefit to having your syns :-D

Hi :)
I tend to useful mine on sauces that add to my meals like ketchup and bbq sauce. I don't like blowing my syns all at once. I tend to have lots of low syn foods

Xx

I've done SW for over a year now and use all 15 syns or close to every day. I actually found near the beginning that I lose more weight on weeks where I've eaten all my syns compared to those where I've had a lot less syns so these days I don't worry about using them.

Wow chipmunk you look fabulous! :D Lovely dress! :) x

When I started SW my consultant really pushed for 15 syns per day, but I tend to stick to around 10. Although I think it's nice to know that there are 15 syns there waiting to be used! :)

Back