Syns in Aldi frozen butternut squash rissoto

sewingbee

Hi, My local Aldi has started to stock frozen butternut squash rissoto and it is delicious.
Could anyone help with syn values?
I put 2 heaped tbsp in to two halves of red pepper and cooked in oven for about half an hour and had it at work the next day for lunch with a salad.
I have guesstimated 2 syns. Scales are broken so would guess that I used 1/5 of a 500g pack.
They do a mediteranean veg one too.

Thank you

Doesnt show on syns online so you would need to let us know the full nutritional info

Sounds lovely

Doesnt show on syns online so you would need to let us know the full nutritional info

Sounds lovely

Thanks for looking it up. Here are the stats per 100g;
Calories 128
fat 5.0
carbs 1.7
fibre 1.6
protein 2.6

main ingredient rissoto rice, it has bns and other veggies so hoping it will be quite lowish ;)

many thanks!

1/5 of the pack would be 6 syns!! Higher than I thought!! Possible because fat makes up 45 calories of that 128 calories per 100g?

It's not 6 syns, that doesn't take into account the free foods in it. I know there is a way of calculating it properly but I don't personally have access I'm afraid.

Thanks for looking it up. Here are the stats per 100g;
Calories 128
fat 5.0
carbs 1.7
fibre 1.6
protein 2.6

main ingredient rissoto rice, it has bns and other veggies so hoping it will be quite lowish ;)

many thanks!

I couldn't make sense of these figures as it seemed very low in carbohydrates for a risotto. So I had a look when I was in Aldi today, and the carbohydrate figure for 100g is 17g, not 1.7g

It's not 6 syns, that doesn't take into account the free foods in it. I know there is a way of calculating it properly but I don't personally have access I'm afraid.

That was calculated on the sw website calculator using rice as a free food. I'm going to try it again using AnnaFaradays info

I couldn't make sense of these figures as it seemed very low in carbohydrates for a risotto. So I had a look when I was in Aldi today, and the carbohydrate figure for 100g is 17g, not 1.7g

Right - using the corrected amount of carbs its 13 syns per 500g pack so 2.5 syns per 1/5 of a pack - much better!!!

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry ladies! Thank you so much for taking the trouble over this. That'll teach me to wear my glasses next time!

I'm really pleased that it's 2.5 syns per 100g (1/5 pack) as it really is delish. I originally thought of putting a little low fat cheese on top but you really don't need it as its so flavoursome.

Thank you again, and well spotted Anna!

Back