Syns in can of fosters plus rice query

boofle

Gold Member
Does anyone know how many syns in a 440ml can of fosters and 440ml budweiser,also on extra easy is packet rice pilau and egg fried packet rice free it is my first day lol x

boofle said:
Does anyone know how many syns in a 440ml can of fosters and 440ml budweiser,also on extra easy is packet rice pilau and egg fried packet rice free it is my first day lol x

Fosters 7.5 for 440ml
Budweiser 7.5 for 330ml
The rice will have to know the make. If its uncle bens it will have syns. Dried rice is free, like the batchelors make.
Basically the way I understand it, if it's microwave rice it's synned, I think they must put an oil in It to keep it fresh. Saying that some makes of dried rice/pasta have syns. So would need the make to have a look for you.

hi kayla thanks for that could not find the info on line but have put the nutritional info into the syns calculator and the rice i have is 20 syns per pack very high will have to watch for that in future lol x

hi kayla thanks for that could not find the info on line but have put the nutritional info into the syns calculator and the rice i have is 20 syns per pack very high will have to watch for that in future lol x

You need to put rice in as a Free Food at the beginning ;)

Hi ermintrude sorry not fully with you new to sw trying hard to get my head around it lol x

When you put it through the calculator the first question you are asked should be "Please select the meal’s Green Free Food allowance" and "Please select the meal’s Original Free Food allowance". You need to select "Rice" for the Green bit (followed by what type of rice it is, ie boiled/dried/savoury pot).

Otherwise it will just count it as a straight 1 syn per 20 calories - ie be charging you syns for the rice itself even though rice is free on EE/green. The only syns you should be 'paying' for with rice are for any oil/sugars/flavourings added to it. Theres no rice out there that will be 20 syns just in flavourings/oil, so its obviously counted for the rice too. You shouldnt be using the Snackulator for this btw, you need the proper Syns Calculator, in your food diary. Syns Calculator

Hi ermintrude many thanks for that now sorted it the packet pilau rice is 2.5 on ee and green and 20 on red and egg fried
is free on ee and green and 20 on red lol x

Back