Syns - should I/could I eat a bar of chocolate every night?

I find on EE I dont often need to use my syns. I can eat everything I need as free or HEXs. I could easily eat a bar of chocolate every night from my syn allowance. Surely that would hinder my weight loss wouldnt it?

To be honest I really dont feel like I am on a diet at all on EE. I keep thinking that its going to stop working for me any of these days.

Yes I agree in fact Ive noticed that I loose more weight when eating some syns and for me it reduces the awful cravings. You can use them for anything, such as gravy thickening- it doesn't have to be chocolate. Best wishes x

Thank you for asking that, cause it's been the same for me. I usually end up only "spending" about 20 syns all week... I'm full most of the time, and sometimes i don't even fancy anything, which concerns me!

I only used about 40 syns or something last week - and they were for sunflower spread, salad cream, etc as I'm really not fussed about most sweet things. My favourite treats are corn on the cob, so I suppose I'm lucky like that.

I'm hoping if I keep this up I can have an Indian take away once a month and not have to worry about the syns.

i use my full 15 every week (some times more but thats when i get bad losses when i use more)
i do have chocolate everyday i'm a chocoholic

As long as you stay within your limit (usually 15 syns per day maybe less if your consultant has said so) you can eay whatever you want! I do advise you use them though because as you get closer to target you may start struggling and this is the first thing to cut down on and you've only been having 2-3syns per day you can't get much lower!

You may find as time goes on the 'cravings' will start rearing their head ;) You don't have to use your syns on choc, crisps etc., you and spend them on anything you like :) Just try to use them. If you are not having syn then you are not following SW 100%

Shrimpy, why not try and include them in your meals? A tbsp of oil is 6 syns, that will soon use some up! You don't have to save your syns for snacks, you can incorparate them into meals :)

Hope that helps :)

Natt xxx

I find on EE I dont often need to use my syns. I can eat everything I need as free or HEXs. I could easily eat a bar of chocolate every night from my syn allowance. Surely that would hinder my weight loss wouldnt it?

To be honest I really dont feel like I am on a diet at all on EE. I keep thinking that its going to stop working for me any of these days.

There's a short answer to your question - If you want to!! You can have chocolate every day, in fact, I used to do so!

Syns will not hinder your weight loss, they are part of the plan, just like the free foods and Healthy Extras.
3 parts - Free food, HEX's, syns. We don't miss free food or HEX's out so why would we miss out the syns?

I don't know how people's losses are reduced a lot by cutting out syns. I say this A LOT but it's true......

15 syns = 300 cals
300 x 7 days = 2100 cals

You need to reduce by 3500 cals to lose a pound (on top of your normal maintenance cals) so by not having any syns at all you will not even lose an extra pound!

Also, squiddie is quite right, what will you cut back on when the going gets tough and you hit those plateaus we all get?

Anyway, I digress. Eat the choc if you want it!

Squiddie, thanks, I'll start looking at ways to include some syns in my main meals. I think it's just that when I've made the food, i don't often need anything else... I s'pose I'd better start though. :)

When i first started i didnt have any syns because i thought i would lose weight quicker, after a good 6 months i started having a few syns and still lost weight. Now i am trying to get to target I have nothing more i can cut back on....so i would try to use atleast some of them and enjoy them!
Good luck & enjoy the choc!

The whole point of syns is that you can have what you want. I do use some of mine for chocolate, but I sometimes have extra cheese for my lunch, or use some butter, or use some cream or creme fraiche in a recipe where nothing else works quite as well.

Some people say to me "I wouldn't waste my syns on THAT", but then they will have some crisps which I wouldn't bother with.

It's all up to us as individuals to indulge ourselves with the syns that we really like.

Back