Syns usage

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
I have decided from tomorrow that I will only use my syns in my meals, except for the two classes of vodka and slimline tonic that i have a week.

I heard somewhere, think it was BL, that the more sugary food you eat the more you crave it!!!

But I shall be doing this from tomorrow (thursday 5 April) for a whole month and see if it makes a difference to my weight loss. I have recently lost my mojo as i decided to do a 100% month. the first week i lost 2lb and then the second week i put it back on, from then on i have lost heart, even though i have only gained .5lb in a month, but i want to loose the next stone. Have bought a six week countdown but am not weighing in this evening due to son's theatre performances this week.

anyone fancy joining.

I have done this the past 2days only leaving myself 1.5syns for a party ring in the evening. I feel so much better for it so think i'm going to try keep it up a bit longer :) as a major chocoholic this is a massive breakthrough!

I've been doing this more or less since I started back in January.

Sugar has always been my thing and I can't have just a little so using it for syns doesn't work for me. I also wanted to get away from snacking in the evening because I used to get really bad bedtime heartburn.

At first I missed the snacks (especially chocolate) but I found the cravings do get less and now I'm not really bothered. When I did save my syns to eat a cupcake my son bought for me I found it incredibly sweet and didn't really enjoy it.

Pigler said:
I've been doing this more or less since I started back in January.

Sugar has always been my thing and I can't have just a little so using it for syns doesn't work for me. I also wanted to get away from snacking in the evening because I used to get really bad bedtime heartburn.

At first I missed the snacks (especially chocolate) but I found the cravings do get less and now I'm not really bothered. When I did save my syns to eat a cupcake my son bought for me I found it incredibly sweet and didn't really enjoy it.

I hope I can work as hard as you to get the same results. So far so good with the cravings but only time will tell

Great post Tara. I think this is a good idea and once the Easter break is over I'm going to give this a bit of a shot.

I usually use my syns on biscuits, chocolate, wafers etc but I feel happier using them on avocado, olive oil, a bit of butter on toast - I find it all enriches a meal.

So, yep, I'll give it a shot too hun. xx

Me too!
I've just made a commitment that for at least a week, I will not be using my syns on alcohol, especially as I am getting close to target.
This post has come at exactly the right time!
I am completely happy at extending the weeks goal.
Brilliant :-D . X

Great replies. This is the start today. I would love to beat my sugar craving too. And Jaylou I looovvvee avocado. Gosh realised the amount of syns wasted on sugar I could have a bit of avocado instead. Why is it that you don't see the obvious sometimes. Blooming blinkers, need to take them off xxx

I agree - syns are so often seen as for the "bad" stuff and by that I mean the sugary or alcohol foods.

I know Ermintrude uses her syns in cooking mainly and she does some wonderful meals.

It's a good little challenge and I will give it my best shot for the next few weeks (from Tuesday)

I am going to need to think about how I do this, but that's not a bad thing!
Going to write a weekly plan later to see what I can incorporate.
I'm sure that I used to be a lot better at doing this than I have been recently.
I going to look for inspiration from you all!
Shame that I totally dislike avocado!

nuts and seeds are good - can't beat some pumpkin seeds in a salad, or with breakfast and chopped almonds and sultanas on top of a curry are divine.

All the things I never normally use my syns on, but I'm going to!!

I do this, and find when I stick to it, i lose really well. I like using it for things like a bit of bbq sauce on my hunters chicken, or some breadcrumbs in my home made burgers etc. Makes the meals much more satisfying, then I have fruit and yoghurt after.

I find if i do have a bit of choc or sweets I end up having a lot of it lol

Interesting thread, I know I get into the mindset that syns are for naughty snacks and booze but would be great to start using them more in meals too. The perfect example is Ermintrude, her weight loss is incredible and she uses most of her syns and HEs in meals for oil/butter/wine/cheese etc rather than on junk food. Inspiring! X

Am doing this too. My problem is if I have a biscuit I then want more!!! So have cut them out this week. Last night I used my syns for some cheese on toast

Also read an article this week in DM (so must be true lol) that sugar ages you. have read a lot about how bad sugar is recently

Ive been doing this too. My problem is I cannot stop at one of something once I have the taste, but if I dont have any, I dont want any (if that makes sense!) It also stops me buying mutlipacks of sweets/crisps for my daily treat. If its not there I dont have it. I use my syns on sauces, sugar in my tea, spread etc

Think I might have to give this a go. I was thinking about it yesterday and now I've just found this thread. Having our weekly takeout tonight and then back on 100% tomorrow so I shall start from tomorrow I think :) x

This is the way I tend to use my Syns in my meals, sauce, sugar, mayo, spreads and ive lost 2 stone 5lbs in 13 weeks so it deffo works for me ;-)

I am hanging my head in shame. Was going to lie and say I did it but what's the point in doing that. Giving it a go today x

tara40 said:
I am hanging my head in shame. Was going to lie and say I did it but what's the point in doing that. Giving it a go today x

Don't be beating yourself up about stuff it's not worth it!! If you can do it do it if you can't don't there's no harm done!! Maybe try 1 day inc syns in your meals and then the next day have chocolate syns etc see what works best for you but don't be making yourself do stuff that you just can't stick to!! :)

Back