Extra Easy Syns - what can I use mine on?

Vahevala

Hi all,

I am very new to this (day 1 on SW) but I can't eat chocolate, cheese or drink red wine, but can you give me tips on what I can use my Syns on?

Should I aim for 5 syns or more? I was thinking 10.

Thanks for your help! :)

Hi! Welcome and good luck.

Its best to start off with 10 syns. I use my syns on things like salad creams, ketchup and mayo. You can always have more bread throughout the day and syn it (if your not already using it for your Healthy Extra B), or perhaps some crackers.

If you post a food diary on here we can have a look at what you will be planning to eat and suggest some ways to use your syns. :eek:

Many people on here have said that they lose better when they use more syns. I would definitely start off between 10-15 a day, because if/when your losses slow down you have somewhere to go from there.

You could use your syns on anything really, maybe some oil for your chips, sauces etc, bread, cake, nuts, pretty much anything you fancy. I usually use mine on chocolate so hard to think of alternatives, but definitely use them, it will help keep you on track!

Crisps are a fave of mine for syns! (Pops ruling at the top and 4 syns a pack if you get the multipack!) :)

What sort of things do you like? Already been loads of great suggestions here x

Apart from wine I tend to use mine on mayo, coleslaw, chorizo/pancetta, olive oil, pittas, thins or wraps, sauces, mixes (like chilli mix or casserole mix when I'm not up for making something from scratch), nicer yoghurts like 0% danio, liberte which have 1 or 2 syns but most of the fat free ones taste too sweet for me

hay i cant have my 15syns a day my body wont let me :( i usually stick to 6 ish but its different for everyone xx

I am trying to incorporate mine into cooking as I'm not a big chocolate fan, I like the flavoured popcorn such as cinnamon sweet and salty. I use all of mine near enough but have not gone over. I avoid alcohol as I don't want to lower inhibition. I also avoid having extra bread as I used t eat way too much before and feel by cutting it to a minimum it will help more. This is personal preference though. I really struggled the first couple of days to get the minimum amount but now I'm not having any problems.

Back