T minus 3 days until I start the cwp

jenboo

Hi everyone I am really new to this! I have my first appointment with a cambridge weight consultant on tuesday ... I am so excited and nervous at the same time ! I have about 7 stones to lose which is completely daunting. .. I have never done any extreme diets before and so not sure what I am letting myself in for. I have been readimg everyones posts and find them so inspiring is there anybody else who has started or is about to start the diet too ? X

Hi Jenboo,

Well done on taking the first step and arranging your meeting! I started the diet 6 weeks ago now (can't quite believe it) and I haven't looked back.

The advice that I would give:

Be prepared, the first couple of days may feel like you are putting your body through hell, you will be tired, probably have headaches and feel really deprived - this is the first big test. What you get at the end though is so worth persevering with it. I have so much energy now and rarely get any hunger feeling - only of I have left it a bit too long between products.

Drink lots of water, I fill up a two litre bottle every morning and ensure that I finish it whilst having lots of green tea as well.

As much as it will test you in the first week, try to stick to just Cambridge products! It gets you in the right frame of mind, I have started mixing SS and SS+ but think I needed the first four weeks being 100% dedicated to keep me motivated.

Your breath will smell - breath spray! So addicted to the stuff!

When you feel deprived and down remind yourself why you are doing it, remind yourself of the financial cost and most of all remind yourself of the cost to your weightloss should you decide to give in...

Come to this forum, read through people's diaries and thread, there is so much inspiration an everyone is so motivational, there were a couple of days in the first week where I was so close to giving in, all I wanted was to eat an egg (allowed on SS+) but I knew that if I couldn't stick to it in the first week then I never would, I came onto the forum and before I knew it I had written off the idea, persevered and then reaped the rewards at my weigh in :)

I hope this helps, good luck with your journey!

Starting Weight: 11st 7lb. Week 1 WI: -7lb (11st). Week 2 WI: -3lb (10st 11lb). Week 3 WI: -5lb (10st 6lb). Week 4 WI: -3lb (10st3lb)

Hey Jen I also have my first meeting with a cwp tomorrow and will be starting the plan. Very excited and scared. I have 6 stone to lose but I have my other half doing it with me so hopefully that will make things easier.

Thanks carly thats great advice due to go see cwpc in bout an hout eeeek excited and nervous !!! Good luck craigey amd hope ypu do well too keep me posted as we are startimg at the same time and have same to lose ! Fingers crossed !

Glad that my experience can help you both out :)

Keep us posted on how you get on!

Starting Weight: 11st 7lb. Week 1 WI: -7lb (11st). Week 2 WI: -3lb (10st 11lb). Week 3 WI: -5lb (10st 6lb). Week 4 WI: -3lb (10st 3lb). Week 5 WI: -2lb (10st 1lb).

Day one guys !! So excited... had my appointment last night cwc is really nice. I weigh considerably more than I thought I did to begim with so slightly more hard work to do !! Craigey how r u getting on

Well I got a shock on the scales I'm the heaviest I've ever been but not letting that get me down. My consultant was really nice so I'm all set. I'm not actually starting till Saturday so will let you know then. Let me know how day 1 goes and good luck!! :)

Hi girls!

I'm on my fourth week started off with almost 9 stone to lose. Lost 22 pounds in two weeks. Have never lost that much in two weeks before! Well worth sticking with if you have a lot to lose. I'm so happy with it.

As hard as it is the results at the end of the week tops it all off!

Good luck!

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 pounds

Wow caz thats fantastic !!!! I cant get weighed until end of week two because my consultant is on holiday ! Day one has gone fine am just having my soup as we speak haha feels strange nt to have anything solid. Had a headache this aft but painkillers sorted it I suspect that is more the withdrawal from diet coke as I am addicted to that haha . Looking forward to day two .

Thank you. It can be done so stick with it!

If you get headaches I find just drinking a pint of water helps it. I've only had one serious headache since I've started and I just had to go to bed but it was own fault for not having my packs before doing excercise so haven't done it again!

week one- 17 1/2 pounds week two- 4 1/2 pounds

Day two is nearly over and I have stuck to the plan 100% feeling very proud and motivated! Faced two challenges today first was lunch time woth colleagues but I had my shake and water and then this afternoon management bout everyone chocolate bars crisps and coke ! Not having a diet coke ( addicted to the stuff) was awful but feel very proud that I didnt cave ! Challenges tomorrow will be cooking curry with my group in the morning and free pizza lunch provided by work I am mentally preparing for this and hope I will be fine. Have had no sode effects really so far other than a headache but this is probably down to thw withdrawal feom diet coke ! Plans for tonight are to clean and do my nails to keep busy !!! . Hope evryone else is doing good to :) this forum is so helpful x

Thans amazing your finding it easy. I also have an addiction to diet coke I drink gallons of the stuff haha. Might do me well going without it for a while. Keep up the good work I'm sure we will be thin and healthy but Xmas haha!!!

Thanks ! We definitely will ! I think my body may go into shock tomorrow without its diet coke ! I have to admit since writing my earlier post I have foind this evening difficilt so have jist busied myself ironing and doing nails haha

Hey Jennboo. I'm on my second week now, lost 9 pounds in first week and I have just watched a film and painted my nails too. Although I am having the urge to eat anything. I leave my hot chocolate shake til about 8/9 after I put my daughter to bed and that sees me through. I have been doing SS+ and haven't deviated from the plan. And am not bothered that I am eating the same chicken/egg/celery every day. As you say, it's good to talk to others who are doing the diet as well. Head down and think about the first weigh in xxx

Hey thats really good ! Well done on your weight loss ! I am on day four and really struggling today thinking about stepping up to ss+but my counsellor is on holiday until the 9th so not sure what to do or how to do it !

My CDC told me that doing SS and SS+ would achieve the same weight loss. Don't know how true that is. There is a list on one f the pages of the book telling what ou can eat on SS+. Mostly protein and green vegetables. For example a tin of tuna in spring water and 80g broccoli. Have a look at the book if you have one. I would still wait til first weigh in and check with CDC before stepping up. If s/he is away until 9th when Is your first weigh in. After doing the diet for 2 weeks? Stay strong and resist temptation. My mum made a rhubarb pie today when I was round and it smelt sooooo good and it's my favourite!!! Had a sip of the rhubarb juice left over and had to leave. Problem is I'm going per tomorrow as usual and I know she will offer me a piece and I don't know if ill be able to say no. :/ xx

Hey. Did you resist the rhubarb pie?? I dont have a book and my weigh in is on the 9th after 2weeks:-( I didnt choose enough variety of flavours so thought if I stepped up to ss+it wpuldnt be as bad what kinds od things r in the book ? X

I don't know the whole range off the top of my head but the protein options include 250g steamed tofu, 200g Quorn, two eggs and 225g low-fat cottage cheese (I'm a vegetarian so I don't remember the meats, but you can be sure chicken and fish will be on the list!) and the vegetables options are 80g of any of the following: kale, broccoli, lettuce, cabbage, cauliflower, mushroom, celery, celeriac, pak choi, spinach, courgette, cucumber and watercress. There may be more but I've forgotten them!

Last edited:
Back