Take 2! My New IF Journey

carrot_tit

Gold Member
Hi all

Decided to start a diary after all. As Ladybird777 pointed out we all fall off the wagon but the important things is getting back on.

Sooo if you search my username you'll see i've done it all. First started on this forum when i lost 2.5st on LL. Since then i've followed every conceivable diet and had success on them all but as soon as i was finished them and i'd always gain it all back, usually with extras! My last successful diet was using Slim and Save in order to lose weight fast for my holiday to Disney World. Again i was successful but since then i've become ill and gained most of it back. I'm now fed up with going backwards and forwards. Last year i watched a Horizon documentary on IF and decided to revisit the JUDD website since i knew Dr Johnson had been advocating this way of life for years. Fell off the wagon due to be being depressed because of illness. I tried to get back on several times but no matter how i ate my cals on my DD's i just couldn't stick to the cal limit and would go nuts and eat everything not nailed to the ground! So i came back to the site, got some great advice from some of you on here and last week decided to give it all another shot.

This time i was going to do things completely differently. On my DD's i eat nothing. I literally go 36hrs without any food at all. I drink lots of water and black coffee when i start to feel hungry. On my UD i am following the principles layed out in Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin. His principles make a lot of sense, have helped with cravings and prevented me over eating on UD. Oh and the hypno CD has nearly cured my insomnia!

Last week was my first week on this new regime. I did 2 DD's only because i started midweek and given that i do not eat at all did not want to do 2 together to fit another in. I lost 5lbs. Very happy with that.

Phew think i've updated everyone enough now! UD today so just cooking up spag bol. DD planned for tomorrow.

Good luck to us all :)

Hi, glad you've started a diary. I think it's good to be able to log the good & the bad days we all have whilst trying to lose and maintain weight. The 5:2 or alternate day fasting is really good as you get to eat "normally" on other days and the fast days do get easier. I'm calorie counting at the moment with some fasting & low carb thrown in. Decided to put my diary in the Calorie Counting section just in case I gave up the fasting days. I've also done every diet going and always end up back where I started.

Well done on your 5lb loss so far. Don't be afraid to post if your day goes pear shaped either a little support from the forum will soon have you back on track.

TJ x

Thanks guys.

Feel really full today but i ignored one of my PM rules and cleared my plate despite being full. I really need to get out of the habit of doing that. Still its not a massive over eat by any stretch of the imagination and tomorrow is a DD so all shall be repaired. Hopefully.

Just reading that you have ME, I've been following someone else on here who has it too and she's had a lot of success with eating primal/ paleo and taking various supplements

Her diary is in the primal section - her name on here is plumfoodie

I followed her and kind of ended up where she is going primal but I also wanted to include fasting :)

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Thanks for the info Mis-behave :) I know the name Plumfoodie for some reason? I'll bob over to her diary and have a look.

DD for me today. Started my day with a mug of warm water with half a lemon and have had nothing else other than water and for some reason i don't feel hungry at all. Perhaps its because i ate way too much yesterday and went to bed feeling sick. I even managed to bake banana bread and not be desperate to jump on it the minute i got it out of the oven.

Got a new toy in the post today. A Phillips Juicer! I'm hoping to increase my intake of fruit and veg but having juices. I'm terrible for not eating enough fruit and veg. In fact for years and years i didn't eat any of either. Although i like a few veggies now (broccoli, cabbage, brussell sprouts) once they're piled up on my plate i can just never face eating them. I'm hoping that by juicing veg with fruit it will help me increase my daily intake.

So should i get an early night tonight or not....

UP Day for me today and i've eaten more than i usually do. I've not counted the calories today (frankly i'm frightened to!) but i'm pretty sure i've gone a bit overboard. But hopefully not massively. Had a MacDonald's Lunch with my Mum. First time i've had one in about 1 year i think so it was nice for a change. Chicken Nuggets and Fries.... Mmmmm yummy. I just wish i could discover a way to keep the fries from going cold so quickly. Now to be fair i did go to the drive through and then have to get them home but even if your eating in the Fries are cold before you even get your butt in the chair to eat! Tea was sirloin steak with chips made in our Tefal Actifry with some of the Nando's Per Peri Chip spice on it and some broccoli. But my downfall is probably going to be the Raspberry Turnover that my partner fetched back all the way from York. I love these but my local Tesco never do them so my partner fetched some all the way from his :)

Still feeling the cold quite a bit this week. Interesting when my partner came home from work he asked me if i had hit my lips against something because they looked bruised... Upon closer inspection it turned out i was so cold my lips had actually turned blue!!!

Tomorrow should be a DD for me but my partner has the day off work and wants us to do something together so we're off to see the new Star Trek film. I've already seen it and the fact that i've not been able to speak to him about it has been killing me! But that'll all be over tomorrow. After the movie we'll probably get some lunch at a restuarant by the cinema. Debtaing whether to give Nando's a go and we seem to be the only people in the world who've never actually eaten there. Or we might fall back on the old reliable and head to Frankie and Bennys.

Weigh day should be Saturday and i'm dreading it. But i'm debating if there is a gain or a sts whether to then fast on the Saturday and get weighed on the Sunday or just to cut my losses for this week? Decisions, Decisions..... Lets see what Saturday brings :)

Another UP day for me today and had a sneaky weigh in to see what was happening. According to my scales i have gained a pound. Not a happy bunny and since i've been out for a meal to Nando's with my partner i'm guessing i'm not going to suddenly lose that pound tomorrow. So looks like tomorrow is going to have to have to be a DD.

Sorry your'e feeling down :( JUDDD does give some fairly weird readings until you settle into it. You will get rid of the pound next DD. xx

1 pound on this week. Not very happy and just couldn't bring myself to fast today at all. Bum :(

Feeling quite fed up in general today. Would have stay in bed all day if i could have...

Sorry you are feeling down - keep faith and get back on track. We all have days where it all feels impossible but don't let it de-rail you

Sorry you are feeling down - keep faith and get back on track. We all have days where it all feels impossible but don't let it de-rail you

Thanks. I just keep telling myself its only my 2nd week and i am now still 4lbs lighter than i was 2 weeks ago. My DD's have been all over the place last week so fingers crossed this coming week things will be much more successful :)

Thanks. I just keep telling myself its only my 2nd week and i am now still 4lbs lighter than i was 2 weeks ago. My DD's have been all over the place last week so fingers crossed this coming week things will be much more successful :)

Week two was dodgy for me too - maybe it's a pattern

Week two was dodgy for me too - maybe it's a pattern

Maybe. I actually bought a copy of Dr Johnson's book and i'm slowly reading through it. There's a lot of science in there which is great as i like reading through stuff like that but i've yet to actually get to the part where he talks about the diet! Planning 3 fasts this week; Mon, Wed & Fri. Not going to eat but i am going to consume a pint of jiuce which i juiced myself. I've used 1 orange, 1 apple, 1/2 lemon, large handful of kale, broccoli, 2 carrots and 2 large celery sticks. Not sure on the actual calorie count for this juice. I tried to work if out but based on the calorie value for the full fruit rather than just the juice you get out. With this in mind it came to 272 cals but i'm thinking it will be less than that? I don't want to eat on my DD's but i'm getting problems going to the loo so i'm hoping this compromise will help.

How you getting on LoveHateCarbs?

DD for me today.

1.8litres of water down so far and a pint of vegetable and fruit juice.

Yet again it seems my 4:3 week has been scuppered so might only be a 5:2 week. So the big question is do i weigh in 2 days early to insure i weigh after a DD or do i just weight to get weighed on my normal day? Hmmm :confused:

DD for me today.

1.8litres of water down so far and a pint of vegetable and fruit juice.

Yet again it seems my 4:3 week has been scuppered so might only be a 5:2 week. So the big question is do i weigh in 2 days early to insure i weigh after a DD or do i just weight to get weighed on my normal day? Hmmm :confused:

I'm just weighing in whenever and going with the lowest reading! I'm fasting tomorrow!

Thanks guys.

Think i will weigh in after my final DD this Wed and fingers crossed i might actually get a 4:3 in at some point. Just wondering if i could manage a DDD? Might be a but difficult given my general lack of calories on DD's. Having said that though i am consuming calories in my juices so maybe? Hmmm i mean how bad could it be? I've done VLCD before? Anyway best get to bed. Back at doctors in the morning so will be an early start for me.

Night all :)

Back