Take aways

Zimara

Yummy mummy to be!
I see a some of you indulge in take aways, namely Kebabs! I never had a kebab on Atkins cause im one of those strange peeps that likes donar meat, is donar allowed?. What do you order at the kebab shop and how do you carb it?

When i did Atkins last year i always had chinese for my take away night. I would order roast pork chop suey (pork with bean sprouts, water chestnuts, onion etc) and salt and pepper ribs. No idea why they call it salt & pepper cause it's basically ribs in a garlic and chili dressing, nom nom. Anyway don't know the full carb count but it never knocked me outta Keto:)

Last edited:
mixed kebab (chicken and doner) in a tray with salad (minus toms and onions) and garlic mayo

Salt and pepper ribs - my favourite :D Partial to a portion of donner as well mind, prefer chilli sauce but having to make do with garlic now :p

So the garlic sauce is Mayo, for some reason i thought it was yoghurt. Is chili sauce a no no then?? Surely its only onoin, toms, chilli & garlic - can't think of anything else.

I'd have a chicken kebab... (not doner meat unless i'm drunk!) I've not thought of having anything else actually. My fella and I are going to a mexican next week and so I'm not sure what to have.

Water chestnuts are hugely carby people

Food Item: Water Chestnuts, chinese, canned
Food Quantity: 1 cup
Carbs: 17.2g
Dietary Fiber: 3.5g
Net Carbs: 13.7g

Water chestnuts are hugely carby people

Food Item: Water Chestnuts, chinese, canned
Food Quantity: 1 cup
Carbs: 17.2g
Dietary Fiber: 3.5g
Net Carbs: 13.7g

So they are. Just aswell my chinese only puts a couple of slices in (stinge bags), even so might pick em out next time:) They also put in a few slices of carrot but i think its more for looks rather than anything else.

If it doesn't stall you then no probs Zim love. Personally I love than and I'm glad I can eat them now.

My Atkins takeaway faves:

Chippy - roast chicken breast, maybe a cheeky sausage too
Chinese - dry ribs (no sauce, no batter), chicken foo yung
Indian - chicken or lamb Shashlik (like a skewer kebab with onion & pepper) or a mixed Tandoori, with saag paneer

Looking forward to being able to have takeaway night again!

anything and everything Zim, the joys of maintenance.

My Atkins takeaway faves:

Chippy - roast chicken breast, maybe a cheeky sausage too
Chinese - dry ribs (no sauce, no batter), chicken foo yung
Indian - chicken or lamb Shashlik (like a skewer kebab with onion & pepper) or a mixed Tandoori, with saag paneer

Looking forward to being able to have takeaway night again!

Foo yung totally forgot about foo yung, thanks for reminding me it exists!!

Saag paneer? what is that? I always steered clear of indians cause i couldn't imagine curry w/o the rice!

Back