Take That! - Help!

Splendarella

I am off to see Take That tomorrow night but I am really worried about needing the loo. Since starting this diet I am going at least twice an hour whereas before I used to be a camel! Water just seems to go straight through me. Apart from avoiding caffeine what can I do?

Weirdly, Diet Coke doesn't made me rush to the loo as much as drinking water. Perhaps you could drink the whole of your water ration during the daytime, leaving maybe an hour clear of the concert. During the concert, maybe try Diet Coke instead?

Thanks DD good idea - I am willing to try anything really and I know I need to keep hydrated for the sake of my kidneys. I have decided to make tomorrow a PV day and I am gonna have a full on oatbran and wheatbran pancake with quark etc to stuff me up entirely just before I leave at 3.30pm. Following the success of my peanut lunch I will take a packet of dry roasted peanuts too just in case of emergency only I promise. I think the smell of the chips there may actually make me feel queasy rather than hungry. I will report back on how it went. I am planning on hijacking the boys and keeping them in my shed :) xx

I am planning on hijacking the boys and keeping them in my shed :) xx

Oh dear. I'm not sure whether Take That are Dukan-friendly. Probably contain loads of carbs and sugar! ;):D

Hope you have a great time and don't have to camp out near the loo. Must admit that I always worry when I'm likely to be out somewhere away from a loo these days. When you need to go, you really NEED to go! :eek:

Oh dear. I'm not sure whether Take That are Dukan-friendly. Probably contain loads of carbs and sugar!

I think they've shed lots of sugar and puppy fat over the two decades - they look like lean protein to me now!

haaaaa! I always travel somewhere on a Friday night and prefer to avoid public loos if I can on the way. I drink normally (ie loads) until mid afternoon, then make a conscious effort to slow down from then... if I'm sitting down, I'm fine. Standing? Hmm... less so! Perhaps "go" as soon as you arrive (when the loos are still "ok" then hope to last 'til the end?!

Enjoy!

I didn't drink anything for fear of needing the loo! Was sooooo dehydrated yesterday morning because of it I felt like I'd been on an alcohol binge lol. Was worth it though! I wouldn't recommend that! Try and drink something that isn't water I would agree with that. Enjoy!!! X

Following the success of my peanut lunch I will take a packet of dry roasted peanuts too just in case of emergency only I promise.

It might be better not to rely on peanuts too much - even dry roasted they are chock-full of fat, and the coating is carb heavy.

A better option, if you can find it, is jerky or biltong. I keep a pack in the lining of my handbag for emergencies.

Lol - ladies you make me laugh :) I leave in an hour on the Take That Bus! Been drinking water this morning but not enough (about 4 large glasses) and 2 cups of coffee) just ate a hot beef & mustard Dukan pancake sandwich crammed full and it tasted lush. Gonna drink a cup of coffee and and hopefully thats it now food wise for the rest of the day. Tomorrow I shall drink water and feast on vegetables till my hair shines....

funny, i have exactly the same worry. i am going to take that on saturday. i thought i would somehow down all my water in the morning.
then take diet coke with me maybe.
cannot bare to keep having to push thru the crowds to go to some porter loo!!!!

let me know how you get on?
hope it was an amazing night!
please let me know what time take that came on? not sure what time to get there for?
thank you

I had the same issue during my first ever attack week. Like the other suggestions, I made sure to drink plenty early in the day.
I ended up in very front of the pit at Wembley Arena, there was no chance of getting out of there bathroom break or not! - if you're at the front security hand you small amounts of water throughout the show, it helped for it to be little and often rather than swigging from a bottle in one go.

Hope you have a good night!

I made it!!!!!!!!!! Yay!! Just as well cos I had standing tickets. I was still full from the gallette hot beef sandwich even when I got home hours later so no snacks necessary. I resisted the alcohol, sipped half a bottle of diet coke and got through to the end without embarrassment. Thanks everyone, your suggestions worked. For those who are waiting to see TT you wont be disappointed. Awesome. ps I lost another pound on the scales this morning wahoo! xx

Back