Takeaway Food

Vicx

Reduction!!!!
Hi peeps! In preparation for the Easter weekend which I know is going to involve at least one takeaway (In my defence I'll be really busy laying decking!) I thought I would start a thread so we can all learn the syn value of our favourite meal or find alternatives to have if chicken balls are off limits!:D

So I'm guessing that in a Indian the Chicken Tikka is free on Red? Is this right??

Vx

I think shish kebabs are free aren't they? (no pitta though) I find chicken chow mein and special fried rice have still allowed me to lose each week xxx

Well dont get me started on kebabs....because when i didnt lose anything for 2 weeks i did have a shish and kofte kebab.....only to stay the same.......so i asked how they were cooked and if lean lamb was used. They said that the shish is marinaded in oil and for the kofte they didnt use lean mince.
So as you can guess it did explain alot. I never had the Pitta bread and always had a dash of mint sauce which i did include in my syns.
So my advice would be to take into consideration that they may marinade things in oil and may not always use lean mince/meat.
Ruthy xxxxxxxx

hmmm - a good point, something that you don't take into account when you're drunk. May just avoid them to be on the safe side xxx

For me this weekend it will either be an indian

Basic/Non Branded Foods Indian Restaurant, Chicken Tandoori, average portion 340g serving

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Original
red.gif
9 Syns - Green
green.gif
21 Syns
[/FONT]​

Or after Ruthy's post, chicken or mushroom chow mein
Basic/Non Branded Foods Chinese Restaurant, Chicken Chow Mein, average portion 380g serving
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Original
red.gif
11½ Syns - Green
green.gif
7 Syns
[/FONT]​

OOOOOOOOOOOO im waiting for friday! i love my chinese.

What does everyone really miss since they have been on the diet???

Got this off the SW site
Basic traditional Chinese ingredients such as rice, noodles, beansprouts, mushrooms, chicken, prawns and beef are all fantastic Free Foods! It’s a fabulous
start to a Food Optimising feast, so no need to avoid the little Oriental palace in your neck of the woods!
With only minor tweaks to your take-away a low-Syn Chinese feast is guaranteed!

out on the China-town...

• A great appetiser that offers a fuller-sized starter for small-size Syns is hot and sour soup at only 5 Syns per serving!
  • Chinese cuisine provides loads of meaty choices for an Original day! Tuck into a 160g serving of spare ribs (about 4 ribs) for 8½ Syns, or for just 4½ Syns* enjoy beef with mushrooms. There are chicken dishes galore with chicken in oyster sauce at 4½ Syns*, chicken and black bean sauce (5 Syns*) chicken and mushrooms (5½ Syns*). If you fancy rice with your Original dishes, 100g (about a medium portion) of boiled rice is only 6½ Syns!
  • Rice and noodle dishes make excellent Green options. A serving of chicken chop suey with noodles is a fab 5½ Syns* while chicken chow mein is 7 Syns*. For a veggie option, stir-fried mixed vegetables are a sound 6½ Syns*. Top up with loads of Free boiled rice for a Chinese banquet!
  • Fancy seeing the future? The future’s slim, with fortune cookies at around 2½ Syns each.
*Per average take-away serving
Watch out for… dishes that include oil, batter and filo pastry (eg spring rolls, crispy duck,
seaweed and prawn toast). Maximise your Free Food choices to really enjoy these appetisers!

Syn savers...look wok’s cooking at home...

Sesame prawn toast and fried rice for only a few Syns? Yes it’s easy! With only a little light wok you can create a Chinese banquet that’s in harmony with your slimming campaign!
  • Special fried rice - The Food Optimising version of this Chinese favourite is only 5 Syns on Green, a saving of 4½ Syns per portion. For a totally veggie option it’s really quick and easy to make egg-fried rice. Spray a large frying pan with Fry Light and cook a chopped onion, mushrooms and 2 cloves of garlic for 5 minutes. Add cooked rice, peas and soy sauce. Pour 2 beaten eggs over the mixture and cook over a low heat stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until the egg has set. Serve it with stir fry (below) for a satisfying feast. Chopsticks optional!
  • Deliciously sticky without the Syns -find authentic black bean, sweet & sour and chow mein sauce in Saucy Secrets.
  • Superfree stir fry! Bean sprouts, mushrooms, mange tout, peppers, spring onions and water chestnuts dry fried with soy sauce and ginger makes a sumptuous stir fry for Free! On Green serve it with piles of noodles or rice, on Original it goes great with chicken or prawns.
  • Chinese chicken and mushroom soup - Using baby corn, spring onions, mushrooms, ginger, soy sauce, shredded chicken and chicken Bovril, this soup’s a cinch (and Free on Original)! Turn it into a Free chicken noodle soup on Green by adding lots of thin egg noodles and using chicken as a Healthy Extra.
  • Crispy duck - For a Food Optimising twist to this popular menu item, Szechuan duck is a zingy duck dish that’s only 2 Syns on Original!
  • Sesame prawn toast – Our Food Optimising version is as tasty as any prawn toast from a Chinese takeaway, and it’s much lower in Syns – saving 2 Syns per piece!
small-poppy-toast.jpg
Sesame prawn toast
Syns per piece: 1½ Syns on Original, 2 Syns on Green
Makes:
16 pieces
Ingredients:
2½ cm/1in piece fresh root ginger
1 garlic clove
1 egg
7oz/198g cooked peeled prawns
2 level tsp cornflour
¼ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
¼ tsp salt
4 slices of wholemeal bread from
an 800g loaf
2 level tbsp sesame seeds
Fry Light
Method:
1. Prepare the ingredients: peel and grate the ginger, peel and finely chop the garlic and whisk the egg until light and frothy.
2. Place the prawns, ginger and garlic in a food processor and whizz until finely minced. Stir in the egg, cornflour, Chinese five-spice powder and salt and mix well.
3. Remove the crusts from the bread and spread the mixture on top. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and press them firmly into the bread with your fingers. Cut each slice into four triangles.
4. Heat some Fry Light in a pan. Add the bread, prawn side down, and cook for 2 minutes until golden, then turn over and cook on the other side. Serve immediately.

I miss chocolate and sweets!!! mainly milky ways in excess and haribo's - god i lurve haribos! I wonder how many syns in haribo's?! I'll have to investigate. Oh and Mowam, i love mowams (dunno how you spell it!) XXX

i MISS
Pizza, chocolate and toast mainly!

hmmm buttered toast! :sigh: biscuits too :(

And garlic bread :(

and crusty bread! X

And lard hahahaha sorry that is a joke ;)

I miss loads but it's worth the sacrifices. When you get to target then we can start enjoying all these again in moderation!! It helps me to think that (i read it somewhere...might have been on here) every lb lost is the same as 2 packs of butter! So I have lost 54 packs!!! Can you imagine all those in a trolley at Tesco? I might go and try it LOL!

How about you, how many packs of butter?

I really miss pizza and I miss just being able to grab quick cook meal out of the freezer and just relax while it's cooking and not having to worry how many syns are in them! I'm not the best cook in the world :p

But I get my takeaway fix as I love chicken and mushroom, it feels like I'm being really naughty but I know that I can still lose weight and have that treat!

24 packs of butter! :D
I'm dreading tonight, we have friends coming over and want to order an Indian. As I know it'll be a boozy night anyway I'll not be having any syns for the next month!!!

Back