Takeaway salt and pepper chicken

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by nicola76, 12 April 2014.

1. nicola76

nicola76 Member

Hi can anybody help , I need to know how many syns are in an average portion of salt and pepper chicken from a Chinese takeaway pls , thanks ?
  2. stburgan

stburgan Well-Known Member

I love this so would.be intrested in knowing too
  3. eejayess

eejayess Well-Known Member

The closest I can find ladies is one from Morrisons, chilled 182g portion is 5 syns. Maybe someone else can shed more light on it.
  4. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Well-Known Member

Have you checked the 'Eating Out' thread? It might be worth doing a search in there but obviously not everything is likely to be listed.

Slimming World - Eating Out

Going back some time, it was a big topic of discussion too that the syns given in any dish are generic & the serving size from one take-away is not necessarily the same as another. One 'Mim' discovered that her favourite Chinese actually served double the generic serving, so she was happily syning about 10 syns for her treat but it actually turned out to be 20!

The 182g serving for 5 syns that Eejayess found is no-where near any serving size that a Chinese take away would provide - so just beware, yours could end up not being worth the syns.
  5. stburgan

stburgan Well-Known Member

Thanks too you both I will investigate and if not the Morrison's version may be a good substitute I do make my own but it's nice to have the bad version as a treat sometimes
  6. nicola76

nicola76 Member

Thanks for all your replies , although the morrisons one sounds good , I am really craving the real thing lol :)