takeaways!!

busybee123

Well I'm now on mfp! Yay!

I can live on a daily basis on 1,200 cals that's fine. But what about your treats at weekend or takeaways!! Are they out!!!!

Not really, as long as you know what you're eating and you account for them. You can find rough calorie estimations online, but it's up to you how much you trust them. OF course a few won't hurt but there's a fine line between a few and sabotaging your diet every week just for a takeaway. Maybe have one every two weeks aslong as you've stuck to plan? That'll be motivation for you to be good AND you get a takeaway at the end of it.

What she said ^

Plus I try to earn them through exercise, softens the blow of all the processed junk being put into your system... plus makes you feel well smug if you are still under calories despite having a take away, lol!!! x

i find things like chicken kebabs from the chip shop (with no sauce), the salad delis from McDonalds (with no sauce) and the veggie delite from subway (no cheese or sauce and on wheat) tends to be the best options for me.

Would everyone agree that these take aways arent too unhealthy?

At the moment im home alone with sister for two weeks so we are having a take away on a friday but to combat this iv made sure iv been under cals slightly and exercise will up more these two weeks.
Im having a chinese tonight and having what i want because apart from that im good! Will be walking dogs at least 2 times a day next two weeks, and also going to do my twist and spin at nights along with some sit ups and my gym class :)

Sometimes I have SO many cals to eat back, I pretty much HAVE to have a takeaway! lol It's pretty darned hard to eat 4200 'healthy' calories in a day - I've tried!

Sometimes I have SO many cals to eat back, I pretty much HAVE to have a takeaway! lol It's pretty darned hard to eat 4200 'healthy' calories in a day - I've tried!

Wow! You get 4200 calories a day - lucky you! :D

i find things like chicken kebabs from the chip shop (with no sauce), the salad delis from McDonalds (with no sauce) and the veggie delite from subway (no cheese or sauce and on wheat) tends to be the best options for me.

Would everyone agree that these take aways arent too unhealthy?

They're are not too unhealthy. Takeaways aren't totally out of bounds. The healthy examples you gave are probably better for you than some things bought out of Asda but we tend to assosiate takeaways with Indians, Chinese's and the chip shop which are all insanely high in fat and calories. Subway is good - they've got a few subs for only 320 calories. McDonalds are also really stepping up their game. Their salads and wraps can come in at the 200-400 mark too :)

Wow! You get 4200 calories a day - lucky you! :D

Yup, regularly! I'm on 1200 net from MFP but I do alot of long distance walking and hill climbing, so I often have 3000 or more eat back calories on top of that!

Last edited:
Yup, regularly! I'm on 1200 net from MFP but I do alot of long distance walking and hill climbing, so I often have 3000 or more eat back calories on top of that!
If you ever need help with all those cals, let me know... calorie sharing between buddies works right? tee hee!!!

I think everything in moderation! I don't like to have takeaways too often but I don't like to deprive myself completely-the family had a pizza hut last week and I just kept to one slice of pizza and a slice of garlic bread (which was still within my allowence, thank you mfp!) and made a big salad to go with.

I make my own healthier alternatives to take-away. I have some great recipes for healthier pizza (with homemade wheat base) and creamy curry (made using yogurt) on my website that satisfy the take-away craving but do absolutly no damange to my healthy eating plan at all! Win win :)

Back