taken over 8 months to get back onto cambridge. . . .

HERTS_FEM26

well its taken me 8 months but i am starting again. its taken time. i am just hoping i can stick to it again. i have alot of weight to lose and i am extremely miserable about it. how can i change my mind set to be happier??? i really dont know.

Take how you feel now and remember that every time you feel like cheating, that's what I'm doing. You decided to start again so that is the first step out of the way. Feel happy that you are doing something about it :) I wish you the best of luck, you CAN do this xx

hi nette thanks for that. i am hoping i can stick to it. i have been on and off it like a yoyo last 6 months. i am so stupid as i cud b close to my goal now if i had stuck to it 6 months ago. but i am not looking back i am looking forward for my childrens lives to be better as well as my own.

Hi herts_fem26. Hello. I know exact how you are feeling as I too have a lot of weight to lose and lost nearly 7 stone with sw and due to many reason weight went back on and I too think the good old what ifs. So I am here and I will do this. Each day that passes is one day closer to your dream and the new you,,, I have took the worst picture I have of myself and every time I feel tempted to eat rubbish I look at that picture and I realise I don't need to eat it Sending you lots of P.M.A.
Good luck

thanks for that. i will certainly look into it. i had a terrible night last night. not sure what it was due to but my heart rate dropped rapidly and i felt quite panicked. i hoping it was me going into ketosis as it has happened once before when i went on this diet. although it cud be my body saying hello after over 2,000 kals a night your now only giving me 600 so i decided i wud have another pack and i would have another 200ml milk which made me feel bit better. so in all i had 1139 kals roughly last night. tonight i am gonna try to drop the pack and just have 2 lots of milk then next night drop the second lot of milk. my body has been used to such high amounts of food all day and night that i have to say i think it has shocked the system. my mum who is a nurse told me to just eat something but i said i didnt want to (she is desperate for me to have the gastric by pass) so we comprimised and i had the extra pack and milk.

I think you definitely did the right thing having the extra pack. I would recommend it as you are taking a big step and if you need a little extra it is better to have that than raid the fridge. I don't think it would make a difference if you did 4 packs for the first week until you are in ketosis and then went down to 3.

We all suffer in the first week, though for me it is generally headaches and sickness. Keep an eye on how you feel if you think it is something out of the ordinary head for the docs.

Hi thanks i went to dr who said things were ok. blood pressure and pulse is fine. went to see my consultant and she said she wants me to go on to 1000kal a day for 2 weeks. then reduce. today i ate tuna and potato for dinner but stupidly had tom ketchup. only had 2 packs today. so hopefully i am ok. i was so upset when she told me to go onto 1000kal's but i guess its the only thing to do really. i am hoping to be at least 4 stone lighter by october 31st so i hoping that the 1000kal isnt gonna stop my big losses. i did LL a few years ago and i lost 6 stone in 14 weeks. wud b nice to do that again lol

thanks for that. i will certainly look into it. i had a terrible night last night. not sure what it was due to but my heart rate dropped rapidly and i felt quite panicked. i hoping it was me going into ketosis as it has happened once before when i went on this diet. although it cud be my body saying hello after over 2,000 kals a night your now only giving me 600 so i decided i wud have another pack and i would have another 200ml milk which made me feel bit better. so in all i had 1139 kals roughly last night. tonight i am gonna try to drop the pack and just have 2 lots of milk then next night drop the second lot of milk. my body has been used to such high amounts of food all day and night that i have to say i think it has shocked the system. my mum who is a nurse told me to just eat something but i said i didnt want to (she is desperate for me to have the gastric by pass) so we comprimised and i had the extra pack and milk.

**Sorry - very long post**

Hi there. What a brave gal you are! Your story has touched me.

You truly can do this without a gastric bypass. But you might do better on a higher plan. SS is a lot for you to cope with, emotionally as well as physically. See how you go and don't expect too much of yourself. If you are feeling poorly certainly have that extra pack! And even a bit of lean protein such as chicken or fish if you need some. You won't come out of ketosis with protein. Whatever! Your health is what matters here.

Having said that hospitals often put very heavy people on Cambridge to prepare them for operations. VLCDs are also used to help people lose weight to shrink the liver so they can have bypass surgery. But they usually in-patients, and being regularly monitored. Your Mum, being a nurse, will be keeping a careful eye on you.

If you can lose weight on Cambridge, then trust me, you don't need a gastric bypass. It is a very drastic procedure and carries many risks. Do a lot of online research. Go to these yahoo groups. Read the recent and the much older posts.

wls gone wrong
wls uncensored.

Members are real ordinary people living with both good and bad effects of gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, duodenal switch and other invasive bariatric procedures. Many had their operations years back. Others went through it much more recently. They all share the same concerns, issues and other experiences. They swap tips and support each other. Many of the posts may prove to be a real eye-opener for your Mum, as well as for you.

Please don't rely only on the surgeon or clinic's glowing publicity materials. It is a business! And many people put the weight back on - check out Carnie Wilson for one. A famous singer who lost tons then gained it all back and seven or so years later is still struggling with the regain. She had an RNY procedure. The bypass is still in place, but she is gaining and gaining. This is not uncommon I am told.

In all truth, if either of my sons wanted weight loss surgery I would do everything in my power to dissuade them. I mean that. Even simple Gastric Band surgery is not foolproof. However it seems to be way less risky than the other procedures.

You and your Mum need to check out all the facts in great detail before you go ahead. I know (personally) some who have done well after WLS. I also know many who did not do well at all.

Please forgive me, WLS patients, if you feel I am wrong. I am not trying to play the expert, nor am I saying it is always always a bad idea. If you have had a great experience then I am really happy for you.

Only recently in the UK a young Mum died after coming through a Gastric Sleeve procedure. I won't go into why but it was pretty nasty, poor woman.

I myself once weighed almost 300 pounds. I lost ten stones by firstly eating less and exercising a few minutes at a day (at first) and building on that. It wasn't easy but I was determined. After a while my weight loss stalled so I used Cambridge for another three stones. Later on I switched to Atkins, which I love and which has kept the weight off.

Good luck on Cambridge hun, if you eventually find that you need a higher plan and extra healthy low carb food then have it. Your Consultant will guide you. You have bravely started a long and demanding journey and remember, it's not a race. Any healthy loss is a good loss. Once the weight really starts to come off you will start to feel much better and so much more positive. Blessings xx

Please check out this link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-World-dies-malnourished-fight-infection.html

Last edited:
Just remembered something - if your BMI is over 40 you are not ALLOWED to do SS or any only-packs steps. I am pretty sure I was told that!Not quite sure. Any CDCs here who can advise?

think you#ll be much happier & feel better on 1000 - i'm on 810 cos of my high bmi and at least that way our bodies get used to the change gradually - otherwise its a bit too much of a shock to the system !

I absolutely agree, Lizzie. When I was on CD I used the 790 plan (now 810). A little food can be a very good idea, I think, because otherwise it is possible to develop a real terror of eating normal food. This can cause problems when working up the steps and going into maintenance.

I didn't feel well at all on SS. Most people seem to fly through but I was dizzy and faint and often had to lie down. I did everything as advised, including the water drinking. I even tried splitting the packs throughout the day. Nothing helped. My heart would suddenly start to race and I would become breathless. So for me the little bit of extra food was a Godsend.

Yea i have started feeling better. I have 2 packs a day then i have a meal like tonight i had chicken and a baked potato peas and sweetcorn. So bit more than usual then i had 200ml of milk but i not doing too bad. Thankfully.

Brilliant! I am so glad to hear it. Guarding your health is much more important than very fast weight loss, even though we all want to lose the weight fast fast fast!

Good luck hun, and just keep going. You really can do it! You will get there xx

Is so depressed. Last 3 days i have had a terrible time. Kept falling off the wagon. Think only thing i am pleased about is i wasnt in ketosis so i didnt end up ruining that but i have put the 5lb back on so i am very depressed. Start again tomorrow!!!!

Back