taking a holiday week....

lol not yet. But I don't see me doing it, to be honest. I'd feel crappy on WI day when I looked back and thought to myself, "well if I wasn't taking this stupid week off, I'd be going to WI to find out how much I lost."

No, my OCD would demand I stay with it. If I took an entire week off, I wouldn't go back.

From your stats you only have 6lbs to loose! You are so close to target and that week off could take you an extra 6lb's further from it! If you really feel you need a break why not have a flexi syn day :) Have 50 syns extra or something and really enjoy 1 meal you fancy, with a pudding, or a night out on the town instead! That way you would have a break and enjoy something thats normaly off limits, but not do any major damage to your weight loss!!
I was so jelous of my mum going on holiday and having a ''week off'' but felt totaly different when she came back 8lb heavyer and i had lost 3lb!!!!! xx

I did it last Christmas. After 5 days I got Gastroentritis. The doctor said it was becuase I had been eating so well and healthily with the SW plan that the sudden change in food types (containing more sugar, fat and oil) caused it.

If you are going to do it, I would say take care and maybe ease in to the break. I know everyone is different, but it was soooo horrible. I have never been so ill in all my life. It has however really put me off junk food (kind of a silver lining I guess)

Good luck! xx

I seriously don't recommend taking a week off! I'm a slimming world veteran, have been following the plan on n off for 12 years (am only 28 too) and I've still never reached my target. Why? Because I allow myself a week off! You think you are in control and that after a week you will be able to flip the switch n get right back on but if I let myself have an 'all you can eat' week, that's it, takes me a couple of months, a stone and quite a few tears to get back into it. I've been getting a tonsilitis, coughs and colds and I've now finally linked it with the periods of cheating. The doctor was at a loss as to why I was being poorly all the time and put it down to bad luck but the last few times ive allowed myself to come off plan, I've got poorly a week or two after. If your in the zone stay in the zone. That's my advice anyway :) x

Don't do it!! I did this last time and it's what caused me to fall completely off track. It took me AGES to lose the weight I'd put on even though I was following the plan n it got me so down I just threw it all away. Please please please don't do it. It's sooooo not worth it.

Just to check, do you mean missing class one week and taking it as a 'holiday' week? Or do you mean a whole 7 days off plan so you can eat what you want?

The first one, not so bad. The 2nd one - not advisable. As you KNOW!!! Lol xx

Lucky7 said:
Just to check, do you mean missing class one week and taking it as a 'holiday' week? Or do you mean a whole 7 days off plan so you can eat what you want?

The first one, not so bad. The 2nd one - not advisable. As you KNOW!!! Lol xx

When I said that I wanted do take a holiday week, I need a break from class for a week, not to eat badly! May have a flexible syn day on Friday but will be right back on it from Saturday! Thanks for all the opinions tho!

Haha. Think everybody panicked! Lol!
If you feel you'll benefit from having a week from wi and still stay on track then do it if you want. I know I'd use it as an excuse to eat what I wanted for a few days n would struggle to get in the zone!
Everybodys different though x

That's okay then - after all, that's what flexible syns are for. To make the plan flexible (ie. realistic in the long term). Enjoy your day.

Sorry I completely misunderstood xx

Back