Taking a week off??

kellmo

Gold Member
Hey everyone, I have been on my vlcd since 7th June. I've lost 4 stone exactly and I am 5-6 lbs away from goal. I last had a week off in july for a Disney break. I put on 5 lb and lost 13 the following 2 weeks. I'm seriously tempted to have
another 5-7 days off plan. I'm FED UP of shakes and bars and i am desperate to eat some notmal sensible foos. om so close to goal but infee if indont have a few days off im going to bomge and undo my hard work. can you all let mr now what you think please? sorry if my typing is crap but my screen has gone blank and incant see what im typing! thank you x xand

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

youve done amazing so far! why not keep to low carb if your craving normal-er food? maybe that way you could have variety and possibly stay in ketosis? you sound like me tho, missing normal food and looking forward to eating food similar to before..but i know if i keep thinking like this ill get to target and just put it all back on.

I'm low carbing it for this week. I admit I had a few mouthfuls of cake, a yogurt, a glass of sugar free squash and the tiniest portion of chicken curry and quinoa. That's my 'feast' finished. I am STUFFED! I'm doing Dukan as from tomorrow and I'll go back on plan on Saturday or Sunday. Thanks for your reply, I can't help feeling guilty but depriving myself of proper food for so long wasn't healthy for my mind, I was close to tears. This way I can eat sensibly then get back on it to lose the remainder.

Kellmo x

that sounds like a good plan. If you have the determination (which you really sound like you do) then youll be wise in the food you choose. Youve come to far to go back x

kellmo said:
Hey everyone, I have been on my vlcd since 7th June. I've lost 4 stone exactly and I am 5-6 lbs away from goal. I last had a week off in july for a Disney break. I put on 5 lb and lost 13 the following 2 weeks. I'm seriously tempted to have
another 5-7 days off plan. I'm FED UP of shakes and bars and i am desperate to eat some notmal sensible foos. om so close to goal but infee if indont have a few days off im going to bomge and undo my hard work. can you all let mr now what you think please? sorry if my typing is crap but my screen has gone blank and incant see what im typing! thank you x xand

Dont do it try and stick to it your so near to your goal and itl be a shame if u eat u can have a day off abd start next day again but dont take a week off

I think you have done so well and can understand why you want to eat food again. The problem comes when you eat the same type of food that caused the problem in the first place.

If you think you can eat healthy and normal portions then go for it but if you eat everything in sight then you would be better sticking to plan and looking at your relationship with food

Good luck x

Thanks for your advice! I DO want I eat the same foods as before but I'm not doing, my relationship with food is messed up :-(

That's a good idea about not taking a full week off, perhaps a day or two would be enough for me to get it together enough to continue the vlcd.

It's so HARD. I'm dreading having to make sensible food choices. It scares me that I'll put the weight back on again. :-(

What can I do? If I don't eat junk it's because I'm feeling strong NOT that I don't crave it. FML

Do you know what it is that you miss? Is it the taste? The pleasure? The habit? How about making a list of all the good things about eating the food you used to eat. Then make another list of all the good things about being thinner than you were before. Read them both and then decide what you want to do :)

noodles1609 said:
Do you know what it is that you miss? Is it the taste? The pleasure? The habit? How about making a list of all the good things about eating the food you used to eat. Then make another list of all the good things about being thinner than you were before. Read them both and then decide what you want to do :)

Thanks noodles, I will do this. I think it's the habit. I have always been an evening eater, children in bed and then I started. I'm on my couch now trying to talk myself out if eating sweets or anything for that matter. I am
Not hungry! I won't eat anything, it's not worth it, the guilt, the downward spiral and the rest. I'm so torn between what to do. Take a few days off and enjoy a few foods or stick to low carbs/sensible 100%.

Damn vlcd made it so easy for me and now I'm stuck now I'm on my own.

Diet fatigue sucks :(

I have only had one break of 9 days since starting this diet on may 1st. I totally understand where you are coming from as the closer I am getting to goal now the more I want to eat proper food especially this last week. However, I made a promise to myself that I would get to goal on this diet, so am forcing myself to wait until I get my next 12 week break which will luckily be at Xmas! until I eat proper foods again. Its really hard to wait and its kinda killing me lol

I would say if you really need this to get out of your system then I would just go off plan for a week or a few days depending on how much time you feel you need like you suggested. On my break I ate whatever I wanted which I know people think is bad as its not fixing your relationship with food ect ect but I know that healthy eating will kick in when I enter maintenance these little breaks are meant for me to get out of my system in a short time what I will be able to have during maintenance in a more structured manner. I would have felt slightly suffocated if I was restricting myself on my break. Really depends on how much control you have over yourself though different strokes for different folks.

Good luck with whatever you decide! :)

Hi Pen, thanks for your reply. I've worked out dates and its actually been 14 weeks since I had a break, I am we'll due one. I feel my health is startjng to suffer too. lots of hair loss, fatigue, IBS. I just felt that if I didn't have a planned break I would carry on until I snapped and ate everything in sight. This way is controlled, I can eat sensibly with one or two treats (just like my last planned break) and when I start back on it I'll be focused, ready and on a home run till I get to goal. Thanks once again x

Hi Pen, thanks for your reply. I've worked out dates and its actually been 14 weeks since I had a break, I am we'll due one. I feel my health is startjng to suffer too. lots of hair loss, fatigue, IBS. I just felt that if I didn't have a planned break I would carry on until I snapped and ate everything in sight. This way is controlled, I can eat sensibly with one or two treats (just like my last planned break) and when I start back on it I'll be focused, ready and on a home run till I get to goal. Thanks once again x

Sounds like a good plan :D hope it makes you feel a lot better!

Ok so I completely changed my mind. I had mothing more to eat last night, lots of water and went to bed. I got to thinking how close I was to goal and if I stopped now I'd be kicking myself for weeks after. So today I was back on it bar for breakfast, omelette for lunch and just got in from uni and had a shake....

I feel so much better about it, having a little wobble, indulging myself for a little bit then straight back on it. I'm meeting up with family at the end of November so hopefully I can have my dukan 'indulgence' meal then. It'll be we'll deserved!

Thank you all for your support x x x

Back