• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Taking Control of Me :)

big-girl

S: 23st7lb C: 23st2lb G: 15st0lb BMI: 57.4 Loss: 0st5lb(1.52%)
Well here I am, ready for a new start......ready for a new life.

I have tried virtually every diet going and I always find a way to fall off the wagon BIG TIME........and at 42 years old, I have realised that it will not get any easier, there are no quick fixes - not for me.......and after having a good long look at my life and where I am, I know that a "diet" will not work for me. Just the word diet, throws me into a panic and I start feeling like I'm deprived and missing out, which is why I so spectacularly fall off the wagon at various stages.

What i truly believe that will work for me is to change my lifestyle......I can no longer go on a diet and then when i stop go back to all the old habits that got me into trouble in the first place.......to be able to eat like a 'normal' person is something that I hope to make my reality........and by normal I mean eating something and then not mentally dissecting how many calories I had consumed, had I blown the diet, oh well if I've blown the diet I might as well have another bit cos the damage has been done.......i just want to eat what my body requires to be healthy and leave it there - no drama, no guilt, no worries........and i know that battle can only be won in my mind, so maybe I should have said Taking Control of My Mind..........

Today I am starting.........I am on a long journey, but I want my mind to stop ruining me and start helping instead.........so I am not putting myself on a diet as such.......I am going to eat healthier foods, eat only what I need and not over eat and learn to finally look after myself and take care of myself instead of punishing myself..........

It will not be a quick fix, but slow and steady wins the race........I have 2 years to get to where I want to be and this time I believe I can do it :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

emma237

Gold Member
S: 309lb C: 175lb G: 159lb BMI: 27.4 Loss: 134lb(43.37%)
Hi , Good luck with your weightloss. I think you have got the right idea- when ever I start a 'diet' i feel deprived and end up bingeing and giving up. I hope you are having a good 1st day. x

G: 10st7lb
hello and welcome :)
I too have had enough of looking and feeling like I do, and after failing many diets, have decided that this one is the last one, and just like you say its a total lifestyle change for me too, and this time for the first time, I feel I am going to do it..right to the end!!! I am eating healthily and moving more :eek: I am in my 5th week and have definately found keeping a diary on here and receiving so much support has helped me enormously.

Your mind sounds as if it is the right place to succeed, and that is half the battle! I can relate to everything you say, I could have typed the same thing myself! lol

I look forward to chatting with you, I am on here every day!! keep posting :)

Good luck :) :) :)

big-girl

Hi , Good luck with your weightloss. I think you have got the right idea- when ever I start a 'diet' i feel deprived and end up bingeing and giving up. I hope you are having a good 1st day. x
Thanks, I am having a good first day :)

hello and welcome :)
I too have had enough of looking and feeling like I do, and after failing many diets, have decided that this one is the last one, and just like you say its a total lifestyle change for me too, and this time for the first time, I feel I am going to do it..right to the end!!! I am eating healthily and moving more :eek: I am in my 5th week and have definately found keeping a diary on here and receiving so much support has helped me enormously.

I look forward to chatting with you, I am on here every day!! keep posting :)

Good luck :) :) :)
You've definitely done well so far, looking forward to chatting with you too and this is the most positive I've felt before about my weight, and the journey to losing it :)

thankyou :)

I know what you mean, I have heard of the 'lightbulb' moment, but this is the first time I can actually feel it happening to me ;).....thank the Lord!

Stay strong and focused, as you know the first day is the worst :eek: lol...then there will be no stopping you :)

cactus

Gold Member
S: 71st5lb C: 71st5lb G: 12st7lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Im just wondering big girl - why do you only want to get down to 210lb? would you not like to lose more?

but anyway good luck with your weight loss - i think coming on here definately helps

S: 13st4lb C: 12st0lb G: 9st10lb BMI: 28.8 Loss: 1st4lb(9.68%)
Hi and welcome from me too :)

Good luck on your journey. You'll get loads of support and encouragement here :)

Lift

S: 20st3.5lb C: 18st12lb G: 12st12lb BMI: 39 Loss: 1st5.5lb(6.88%)
Hello,

Just wanted to stop in and wish you luck, you will certainly get a lot of help and support here!

Your story resonates with me a great deal... I eventually came to realise that "diets" are a temporary fix while lifestyle changes, are hopefully, forever!

I hope it all works out well for you - it would be interesting to see what your eating plan (as opposed to a "diet" plan!) is... as and when you feel like sharing :)

Best of luck :)

big-girl

Im just wondering big girl - why do you only want to get down to 210lb? would you not like to lose more?

but anyway good luck with your weight loss - i think coming on here definately helps
Hi, the only reason I picked 210lbs is because I got to that weight before and I know it's achievable and I was comfortable at that size, I didn't want to give myself a figure which I would feel was too far away and unachievable cos I might be tempted to give up before I can really get started.....because of mental baggage I have I don't want to be super slim and attractive, so being a size 18-20 means I can be comfortable in my own body without all the fears I have with being too slim......hope this helps :)

Hello,

Just wanted to stop in and wish you luck, you will certainly get a lot of help and support here!

Your story resonates with me a great deal... I eventually came to realise that "diets" are a temporary fix while lifestyle changes, are hopefully, forever!

I hope it all works out well for you - it would be interesting to see what your eating plan (as opposed to a "diet" plan!) is... as and when you feel like sharing :)

Best of luck :)
Thanks, my eating plan is basically healthy eating.....I'm having a lot more smoothies and raw soups with a new blender I've got so I'm guessing I can't go far wrong with fruit and vegetables........in the evenings I usually have chicken and salad, but the main thing I'm doing is cutting out all the picking on rubbish, in just a couple of days having mainly fruit and veg in smoothies and soups I can already notice the diffence and feel much better, less achey joints, asthma is better, etc so that's a great bonus in itself :)

That's a sensible idea, and one you feel comfortable with....can't fail to give good results :) When do you plan to weigh in? I am a monday morning weigher ;)

Lift

S: 20st3.5lb C: 18st12lb G: 12st12lb BMI: 39 Loss: 1st5.5lb(6.88%)
Does sound super (the smoothies especially!) - I reckon if you're happy with what you're doing you're already half way there!

Also, just thought I'd mention I suffer from asthma too - doing resistance and cardio training (indoors) has really helped. I now have a peak flow reading of a non-asthmatic chap of my weight and height (I didn't five weeks ago); sadly exercising outdoors is a completely different story :(

Maybe some light exercise (to start with) might be good for you? Just a thought, hope you have a super weekend!

S: 13st8lb C: 13st8lb G: 11st1lb Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Well here I am, ready for a new start......ready for a new life.

I have tried virtually every diet going and I always find a way to fall off the wagon BIG TIME........and at 42 years old, I have realised that it will not get any easier, there are no quick fixes - not for me.......and after having a good long look at my life and where I am, I know that a "diet" will not work for me. Just the word diet, throws me into a panic and I start feeling like I'm deprived and missing out, which is why I so spectacularly fall off the wagon at various stages.

What i truly believe that will work for me is to change my lifestyle......I can no longer go on a diet and then when i stop go back to all the old habits that got me into trouble in the first place.......to be able to eat like a 'normal' person is something that I hope to make my reality........and by normal I mean eating something and then not mentally dissecting how many calories I had consumed, had I blown the diet, oh well if I've blown the diet I might as well have another bit cos the damage has been done.......i just want to eat what my body requires to be healthy and leave it there - no drama, no guilt, no worries........and i know that battle can only be won in my mind, so maybe I should have said Taking Control of My Mind..........

Today I am starting.........I am on a long journey, but I want my mind to stop ruining me and start helping instead.........so I am not putting myself on a diet as such.......I am going to eat healthier foods, eat only what I need and not over eat and learn to finally look after myself and take care of myself instead of punishing myself..........

It will not be a quick fix, but slow and steady wins the race........I have 2 years to get to where I want to be and this time I believe I can do it :)
:sign0144:

I can relate soooooo much!

*We can do it!* :)

big-girl

Does sound super (the smoothies especially!) - I reckon if you're happy with what you're doing you're already half way there!

Also, just thought I'd mention I suffer from asthma too - doing resistance and cardio training (indoors) has really helped. I now have a peak flow reading of a non-asthmatic chap of my weight and height (I didn't five weeks ago); sadly exercising outdoors is a completely different story :(

Maybe some light exercise (to start with) might be good for you? Just a thought, hope you have a super weekend!
Hi Lift, great about your peak flow reading, mine is abysmal at the mo, it's never been so bad but then I did have a bad asthma attack in January and I'm still recovering, not back to full steam, I think I try and get off my inhalers too quickly and cut down the usage before I'm fully right, I am going to try walking, my biggest problem is my knees, from old injuries as a child one of my knees is completely knackered so doing too much at this weight just ends up putting me in bed with my knee elevated, so I will do some, but I'm hoping as the wring comes off and there is naturally less strain only knees I will be able to do more, actually I know I will because last time I lost the weight I managed to do a 5k run, so I will get there......hope you can keep improving and can get to exercise outdoors soon, especially with the weather getting warmer :)

big-girl

Hi Stacy, good for you for joining, and yes we can do it and we WILL do it :)

big-girl

Well, sometimes life just goes charging off and you don't have time to catch your breath.......I think I've been absent for about a week.......so much to catch up on!!!

Well I've lost 2lbs, not a huge amount but it's a start and I never started this for a quick fix, so I'm happy with that :)

I am feeling better in myself just eating better foods and am loving the sunny weather.......got to dash, have more flat pack furniture to assist my husband with!!!!!!

Well done on your weight loss, a steady loss is good, so wishing you well for the next weigh in too. when do you next weigh in?

Have a good evening, good luck with the flat pack furniture :)

big-girl

Hi RR, I weigh in on Fridays :)

big-girl

Sorry got snowed under yet again......I did manage to weigh in on Friday but thats about it.....anyway another lb off, so its all going in the right direction :)

Hubby has decided to do a massive lifes laundry in the house so everythign has been turned upside down and its all chaos!!!! Trouble is my hubby doesn't have a great attention span so hes very good at emptying closets, etc but then he gets a bit bored with the sorting and i have to follow him round and try to clear up behind him....its a long job, think of me LOL