• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Taller ladies

Guru

Silver Member
I wish I could answer this question because a size 12 is what I am aiming for too and I am also just under 5'8". I have put my goal as 10st 7lbs but I think I might get to a size 12 before that.

Tracey1404

Enjoyin' my journey....
Hi - I'm 5'10 and last time I was a size 12 I weighed 12.10. Depends on your frame size too. I've a fairly large frame and would be skeletal if I was the lowest weight for my height!!

thin for 30, im 5'8" too and im always wondering about this.

I go by what i remember me being, so a few years ago at 13.10 i was a size 14 (still wearing some 16s) so im guessing that to be a 12 id have to weight atleast 12stone.

A friend of mine is 12stone, 5'10" and a 14/16 on the bottom and a 12/14 on top.

That just goes to show that everyone is differnt.

its a hard one to answer. i tried. and probally caused more confusion than anything else!!! lol

xx

I think you'll be in a 12 top by about 11.7 possibly 12 stone, however if your "heavier" on the bottom this might take you too about 10.7 to 11 stone which will probably make you a 10 top

Well I'm currently 14stone 6lbs and am a large 16 on my bottom and a large 14 on my top. That's in Sainsbury's TU which are 'comfortable' sizes : )

I imagine I'll stay in these sizes for at least another stone?

The only way to find out for sure is to get into a size 12 and post how much I weigh!!

Thanks for your help!

eyeontheprize

can see the end in sight!
Hi - I'm 5'10 and last time I was a size 12 I weighed 12.10. Depends on your frame size too. I've a fairly large frame and would be skeletal if I was the lowest weight for my height!!
SNAP that's me now! Size 12, some 14 bottoms depending on the shop. Love it and I feel great. Ideally want to get to 12 stone by Christmas though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey1404

I'm 5'11" and now 12 stone 11 and there's no way I'm anywhere near a size 12 - barely even a 14 and probably more still like a 16. I don't think I've ever been a size 12! My waist is 35 inches which on some charts still puts me firmly as a size 18 so as every person is different, so is every clothing manufacturer. I agree though that the ideal 'healthy' weight (which for me is almost another 2 stones lighter) is unrealistic, especially if, like me, you have a big frame

I'm 5.7 and weigh 11.10 at the moment and am a size 12 down below and a 14 up top (opposite to you) I know when I get to around 11 stone I am a 10 down below and a 12 up top and am aiming to get to just over 10 stone and hope to be a size 10!

hope this helps! :D x

Hi there, i'm 5' 9" and when i was at my smallest 10st 7lbs i was a size 8-10 and this really was too small for my large frame. I know that a comfortable 10-12 for me is 10 10 ish but by the looks of all the other postings we are all very very different!

Hi,

I'm just under 5'8" and have set my goal at 12 stone and then I will need to see what I look like. I think these BMI charts can be kinda 'off', my friend who is a size 12 and 5'7" weighs 14 stone, which puts her at a high BMI, but she is thin to look at.

Some people are just made of lead I think, and I think if you find a size that suit you and that is within a healthy BMI range then you are winning.

x

HI,

I'm 5"11/6ft and I am hoping that 13 stone will take me to a size 12. It really does depend on your frame. Mines quite small. At 14.5 stone I am a size 14 or so. I am currently half a stone away from a good size 16 now.

Everyone is different to be honest. I would aim to get to a BMI of 25 or so and see what size you are then! Scales don't normally tell us much, it's measurements that count sometimes too!

Good luck!

I carry my weight on my hips and legs and I am 11.5 at the moment and a size 12 all over now.
If you're an inch taller then it wouldn't be too dissimilar I wouldn't have thought.