Tally's Diary - Over 3 stone gone/3 to go!

Hi Everyone, Decided to start a diary to keep myself mildly on track over the festive season and beyond! My last weigh in was showing a slow down in weight loss which was totally my fault (can't stop picking at festive goodies while I cook!) so I need a kick sometimes.;)

A bit about me, I'm originally from the U.K but now live in the Netherlands with my boyfriend.
Its amazingly fun here with lovely people who constantly giggle at my toddler like Dutch, apparently its an odd sound to hear Dutch spoken with a London accent!

The Dutch version of Cambridge does differ a little from the English version in that we have to have a SS+ week every 3-4 weeks instead of 12, which both has helped and hindered my resolve in the past couple of months (I had my family over from the U.K with the last SS+ week resulting in my brother and I having a 'slight accident' with bags of haribo during my last food week, luckily I felt so ill the day after I dare not cheat with large amounts of sugar again!).

I've got my 3rd food week coming up over Christmas so at least I can have a little turkey and ummm sprouts, I might stick to cabbage and salad!

The diary's on here are really inspirational, so I hope to join your ranks of awesomeness! (stiff upper lip, salute)

I wonder if anyone else is always cold at the moment? I don't think I've ever felt this cold in the winter! I'm distracting myself by sorting out all the ingredients for a pudding collection for my Dutch family this Christmas. I'm making little christmas cakes, mincemeat filled danish pastrys and a Christmas log as we agreed not to buy pressies for each other due to the recession (what they mean is they already spent their money on the kids with the kid version of Christmas (Sintaklaas) at the beginning of the month!).

Its a good start to the week, a warm mint chocolate shake and at weigh in it was 2lbs off this week! I'm pretty surprised as it is the time of the month where I hold water feeling mildly like the michelin man and i'm on diclofenac for my hypermobile joints that are having a jolly time dislocating just in time for Christmas!

I'm hoping not to gain over the next week, so planning for sensible food this week (its my planned add a meal week). Tonight i'm planning on having white fish (tilapia or cod don't know how extravagant i'm feeling yet) and leeks roasted in the oven. In case i'm not in the vicinity of a pc in the coming days, Merry Christmas to anyone reading this! :xmassign:

Well done on your loss this week Tallulah! Keep it up over Xmas and enjoy your fish tonight!

Merry Christmas! :)

The Christmas Eve fishy was lovely! Christmas Day started really well with a shake and roast chicken with low carb veg for lunch, then my chappy decided to pull out some ferrero rocher and bread rolls with posh looking pate for tea doh! Ah well it was 1 day and I calorie counted everything that went in my mouth (for the first time ever I think!), it really helped me realise how the weight went on when you count the calories in the little sweet treats..... I ate in total around 1800kcal so not a major blow out, though very likely kicked myself out of ketosis and will now have to watch out for the snack monster rearing its head in a day or two!Yesterday was back on track at the in law's boxing day party, only salad and meat and rampant excuses as to why I couldn't eat the pies, pastries and cakes!
Today, I'm planning a nice stir fry with the leftover Chicken meat and low carb veg from Christmas!

Awesome revelation! The veg soup mix makes an excellent sauce for a stir fry, used half a pack to make a thick saucein the wok then added my cooked veg and chicken and had the other half as a cup a soup earlier in the day! I think i'm edging back towards Ketosis, I was wanting to eat my own arm off watching Sherlock last night!

Weigh in day aaaand -3lbs! I was last this weight when I finished high school 10 year ago! Got some fun treats to look for now (2 goals complete - December weight challenge from my consultant to lose 10lbs this month and I'm now another stone down, 4st 2lb gone!).

I'm going to look for a dvd or computer game not sure which yet, and I bought a gardening book from my last treat for 3 stone loss called James Wong's Homegrown Revolution so looking for a fun plant seeds (debating between asparagus peas or edible Dahlia's!)

Good start to the new year, a raging tummy bug! On the plus side, it meant I avoided gorging on the traditional new year's eve/day doughnuts (Olibollen) and Apple turnovers! Its new year's so always good to plan for the next year when it comes to my garden. Last year, the layout was a little chilled out as I had a recurring illness that sapped all my energy so avoided growing food and went for easy wildlife attracting plants so I could sit outside a lot and watch loads of insects and birds confusing my 3 super lazy cats.This year, I'm hoping to start a family so easy to grow/harvest veg might be an idea!

To all the new peeps starting in the new year, loads of luck (though I should say determination, luck has nothing to do with it!) and hang in there it WILL get easier along the way! I remember when I started at the end of September, apart from the usual hunger and headaches, I had super funky side effects of food dreams,dizziness and obsessing with food tv! :D If you need to vent i'm happy to listen!

Hi Tallulah, how's it going? You still doing well and planning your garden?

Hi Rachel, was a little awol but still on plan luckily! The garden's definately on hold for now under a massive blanket of snow and i'm slightly concerned that my makeshift, totally not weather tight greenhouse now has a bunch of frozen cuttings in it (doh!). I've lost 6lbs in the past 2 weeks so am now exactly 12st, very excited as I can not remember the last time I was 11st something!

Wow.well done hun thats fab, great two week loss! I lost another 2lb this week's, was hoping for 3 and was a little disappointed until I realised I have lost 47lbs in 11 weeks and my weigh in was a day early!

Keep at it, you'll be sliding down the 11s!

Back