Tanya's desperate diary

Tanya-inprogress

Hi there, I'm Tanya, I'm new to Cambridge but have previously done lipotrim last year and lost approx 2 st 7lbs but since then I ate the world and in 10 months put it ALL back plus another STONE!

So, after considering all my options, SW, WW, LT, hypnoband, I've decided Cambridge ss is the one for me.
I'm an all or nothing kind of gal, which I know I need to deal with sooner or later or I will just keep repeating the pattern for the rest of my life! So the plan is to shift the bulk of this weight and then a combination of WW or SW and hypnotherapy.

I am currently on day four but I prefer to do a new post for each day so will do a catch up next, so please carry on reading :)

Day 1

I very nervously visited my consultant mid morning,and soon felt better as she invited me in,she is a lovely warm friendly lady who has also been there and done that diet wise so I think we're going to get on fine.
After the dreaded weighing and measuring she talked me through all the options and products and I returned home feeling quite positive.
By now it was lunch time and I was keen to start so, veg soup, not bad definately edible 100 times better than LT soups!
Kept myself busy for the rest of the afternoon and then cooked for the family (DH,2 teenage boys and little girl) and wasn't even tempted, so far so good!
About 8pm I had a vanilla shake,warm, nice, comforting and not too strong a taste/sweet. Decided to head to bed early and watch some TV as I would previously be nibbling and sipping wine for the remainder of the night next to hubby who annoyingly never seems to put on a pound.

Welcome Tanya,

Seems like you are starting off really well! Hope you have a great first weigh in and be sure to keep us updated on your progress :)

Day 2

Woke up feeling smug and pleased with myself, that I had got through last night and that I had started my new weightloss journey:)

Mid morning I had a cappuccino shake, warm, and was very happy with it, it actually felt like a treat!!
About 3 pints of water and shopping, gardening and housework later,I opted for the mushroom soup,I have taken one of each this week so I can test them out. It was much better than I expected after reading other peoples opinions, so it just goes to show we all have different tastes.

Kept myself busy again until evening,took the dog for a longer than usual walk had a lovely bath and off to bed with a warm vanilla,I kid myself its horlicks or similar.

Day 3
Stressful day, everyone wants a piece of me, 1001 things to do but I just decided to get on with it.
A very hurried cappucino mid morning, maple and pecan porridge for late lunch which boiled over so I was only left with about half so I was so fed up while eating it I cant really give an honest opinion.
Soon after I had to rush to my daughters school in torrential rain after a phone call to say she was feeling ill,rush back home with her screaming(she is 5) all the way in pain that her neck is hurting so then to the docs who tells me she has mumps and she has to stay home for 10 days ................ great:(
Once again early night, these Britains got Talent semi-finals are really helping me get through the first few days, snuggle up with my warm vanilla and out like a light by 11pm!

Thanks for the welcome Krissykat:)
Just checked out your signature and wow what an inspiration you are, well done! I also love the idea of keeping check of your sizes on your signature too,I might copy you on that, very motivational I would think!

Thanks hun! I got so many little goals in my diary I mark off as I go along it really does help keep me going by looking at how much I've achieved :)

DAY 4

Well today I haven't been able to do much at all, mainly due to poorly 5 year old feeling ultra clingy, she's also been constantly asking for food as well as it hasn't affected her appetite but she can't chew anything.

I kicked off today with black coffee, no sweetener as my consultant wants me to do the first week 'cold turkey' lol! I usually take my coffee with milk OR sugar/sweetener and I am struggling with this to be honest.
Mid morning I had my warm cappucino which is definately my favourite so far and then for late lunch (about 3) I had leek and potato which in my opinion tastes like SOAP! YUCK! So wont be having that one again then, I almost had to hold my nose and force it down.

Consoled myself with some online shopping, obviously it doesn't make sense to buy clothes for myself at the moment so I bought some for my daughter and one of my sons. Am I the only one whose family is better dressed than them because they are waiting to be slimmer? I did treat myself to a handbag though:D

In the evening my oldest son was off to his school leavers prom, he looked so handsome and grown up in his suit that I have to admit I felt a little emotional, it also made me think about the years I have wasted being his fat Mum:eek:

Later on I fought with my laptop for about an hour trying to post this, but it obviously had other ideas as everytime I clicked submit It wiped clean, by 10.30 I gave up and headed to bed with my warm vanilla.

Must be very hard for you surrounded by food when you have the little ones to feed.

I think cold turkey is a good idea, next week if you have a sweetner in your coffee itll be like a sweetness overload!

Back