Tapas night! Feel free to add your favourite tapas recipes :)

LuhLuhLoser

4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.
Hey lovely people,

Just thought I'd start a recipe thread for tapas friendly meals. We had some last night and a few people have asked for the recipes, so I thought I'd post them here!

Beef and Chorizo Spanish Meatballs - Serves 4

1 pack of extra lean mince
1 large onion, finely chopped
60g pack of diced chorizo (8 syns)
2 lean smoked bacon medallions
2 beef oxo cubes
2 tbs tomato puree
Half a jar of roasted red peppers in brine
A tbs of bbq sauce (1 syn depending on variety)
(the rest of the ingredients are kind of however much you want of them, depending on what your taste buds like!)
Smoked paprika
Chilli paste
Garlic
Salt and pepper
Fresh coriander

Step 1: Make the meatballs! In a big bowl, squish the mince with half the chopped onion, 1 beef oxo cube, the bbq sauce, some smoked paprika, salt, pepper, garlic and chilli. Even though you can't taste test raw beef (unless your stomach is made of iron), it should smell kind of awesome. If it doesn't, add more stuff! Once it's all squished, roll into meatballs and leave in the fridge for half an hour or so.
Step 2: In a large frying pan, frylight the rest of the onions, chopped bacon and chorizo. Once it starts browning, add the meatballs one at a time and shake regularly to keep them moving and evenly cooked.
Step 3: Once the meatballs start looking like they're cooked, and the chorizo has released all it's tastiness, add some garlic, paprika and a tiny bit of chilli. Fry for another minute or so and then add about 200mls of beef stock, the blitzed red peppers and the tomato puree. Leave it to simmer for so it thickens and goes all rich and yum looking.
Step 4: Have a quick taste and check that you're happy with it. If not, season with salt and pepper or add more of anything you think is missing.

-------------------------------------
Garlic and herb Chicken - Serves 4

Large pack of chicken mini fillets
150mls of vegetable stock
2-3 tbs of garlic (I used frozen garlic cubes, but any fresh/powered garlic would be fine!)
1-2 tbs of mixed herbs
1 onion, finely sliced

Step 1: Heat a frying pan and spray with frylight, add the onion and brown!
Step 2: Once the onion is soft, add the chicken. Once it starts to gain some colour, add the garlic and mixed herbs.
Step 3: Add the vegetable stock and simmer for 10 minutes or so until everything is cooked and the sauce is reduced.
Step 4: Taste, season with salt and pepper if required and voila!

--------------------------------------

Patatas bravas - Serves 4

Enough new potatoes for 4 people - I didn't weigh them, sorry! :eek:
1 Onion, finely diced
1 Fresh chilli, deseeded and diced
2 tbsp smoked paprika
1-2 fresh Garlic cloves (or alternative!)
1/2 jar of roasted peppers in brine, blitzed into a paste
Chopped tomatoes
Salt & pepper

Step 1: Par-boil new potatoes! Leave to cool.
Step 2: Fry light the onions in a medium sized pan until nice and cooked, add the paprika, garlic, chilli and turn down to a low-medium heat.
Step 3: Add the blitzed peppers, chopped tomatoes and simmer for 10-20 minutes.
Step 4: Heat a frying pan on high and spray with fry light, fry the new potatoes until crispy!
Step 5: Blitz the tomato sauce and drizzle on top of the potatoes. You can put it under the grill for a little bit with some hexa cheese and herbs on top!

-----------------------

Feel free to add more tapas style recipes! :) x

Tapas.jpg

Oh love the look of this yum!!

I'm desperate for a SW recipe for the ham and cheese croquettes tapas restaurants do. Only recipes I've found have loads of flour in the, :-(

just saved these recipes - sound lovely

Back