Tara's diary... Update on day 22

Tara.a

Today is day 5...

Was a struggle on day 3 (got very stressed at work and what I wouldn't have given for a steak and chips!), but remained 100% true to TFR. Blimey... finally discovered my will power!! :eek:

Found that by constantly sipping on water, it's not only kept the hunger pains at bay, but also I've found my water intake increasing up to a healthy minimum of 2.5litres a day. Downside is that my toilet trips have become a nightmare!!

Have given myself a 'start of refeeding' day, which has helped as it's given me an end date that feels like it's acheivable. 23 April 2012 (exactly 3 months from the day I started). That's regardless of if I have hit my target weight of 12stone (75kg) or not.

So... vanilla shakes are out, as is the chicken soup (which strangely I liked a year ago??). Haven't tried the flapjack yet, but will buy a bar to try on Monday (which is weigh in day). Think it could be good to have something to chew... maybe?

One thing I have found today is that I had so much more energy :D I managed to muck out my stables in double quick time!

I have choosen this diet for two reasons... I shattered my ankle joint in January 2011 and had a second operation on it in December last year, so loosing this weight will help my ankle emmensley. Secondly, I downsized from driving Heavy (Breton) Horses to driving Shetland ponies ~ which was fine when I was a size 14/16, but not the most elegant look when you're wearing a size 20/22 :cry:

Doing this me and for you boys!
AcerFred.jpg

Last edited:
Aww your doing sooooo well hunni x nearly the end of day 5....and then all downhill till weigh day (aka christmas morning!)

Lovely start to your diary and look forward to following your journey!

Good luck x

The flapjacks will certainly give you something to chew (and chew and chew!). They are an aquired taste but I now have one every day. It's amazing how quickly your taste buds change. Good luck with your weigh in I am sure you will be amazed. Love the picture.

Today is day 8, first day of my second week... and weigh in day!

My, oh, my, you could have knocked me down with a feather when I got weighed this morning... in my first week I have lost

7 kg or 15lb 4oz :bliss:

Was on such a high this morning, but with a great high comes a great low. Tonight I feel rather down and quite low. Is this normal? :confused:

Had the most amazing day yesterday with Acer (the black pony in the top picture). We took part in our first Indoor Horse Driving Trials and he was awesome! Guess pulling a stone less was a great help (and a great incentive to keep going). ;)

Fantastic loss Tara - well done. Glad you had such a great day at the trails - Acer will be flying like the wind as your weight comes off. Keep up the good work.

Tara.a said:
Today is day 8, first day of my second week... and weigh in day!

My, oh, my, you could have knocked me down with a feather when I got weighed this morning... in my first week I have lost

7 kg or 15lb 4oz :bliss:

Was on such a high this morning, but with a great high comes a great low. Tonight I feel rather down and quite low. Is this normal? :confused:

Had the most amazing day yesterday with Acer (the black pony in the top picture). We took part in our first Indoor Horse Driving Trials and he was awesome! Guess pulling a stone less was a great help (and a great incentive to keep going). ;)

Believe me you'll have loads of highs and lows its only natural but come on here when you are low and you'll get through it :) well done on the loss and keep up the good work!

Week two over and done with... and the weigh in this week was 2kg (4lb 4oz) lost. Was expecting a reduced loss (although secretly wishing it could have been higher).

Been a bizarre couple of days though - stomach has been grumbling away, even though I've been downing water like no tomorrow! :sigh:

Still... I've lost one quarter of what my total weight loss needs to be and that's an incentive in itself! :p

Day 22 - three weeks (or one quarter of my way through the time I've given myself on this diet).

Weigh in day today and I've lost another 2kg or 4.4lb. :rolleyes: That's two weeks having lost the same amount, but at least it's a consistant amount of loss.

My body measurements over the last 3 weeks are what have amazed me!

Measurement 22.01.12 13.02.12
Arm 16 1/2" 16"
Chest 49" 46"
Waist 43" 40"
Hips 54" 48 1/2"
Thigh 31" 29"

:p:p:p:p

Back