Target member question...

Lucylu79

Gold Member
Once you reached it what was your first few weeks like?

I reached target 3 weeks ago and for the first week I carried on as normal but increased my hea and somedays my heb and I still lost a pound.
I then got 'cocky' and started messing about thinking I've got that pound to play with. I had no sitter last week and couldn't go but admit to monitoring my weight at home and if It was weigh in day today I'd be at the top end and maybe even over!

I've got until weds evening to be an angel and hope to stay in target so I'd just love to hear anyone's target stories, good or bad!

Mine mirrors you, I got to target almost 2 weeks ago but couldn't go to WI last week because my son has chicken pox. I had been a bit naughty food wise, but weighed at home on my usual weigh in day (my scales are roughly the same as the ones at group) and I had apparently lost 2 lbs. Since then, however, I haven't stopped eating. Chippy chips, pringles, mars bars, jaffa cakes.... all scoffed. God knows what my official weigh in will be this week but it won't be pretty.

I can offer you no advice at all, but will be very interested in the the replies!

I've been at target for a year now and it does take a bit of time and playing about to know what you can and can't do.

For me, I still follow SW most of the time for main meals, breakfast etc but if I fancy a pizza, I'll have one, if I fancy a box of chocs I'll have one.

Think about naturally thin people you know, they can eat anything but not put weigh on, because they naturally modify what they eat if they've gone over the top.

Give yourself a break, you've worked hard to get to target, if you go over then thats ok, get back onto the plan and then get weighed again the next week and you'll be fine, you get a weeks grace to get back into range before you have to pay again.

It jsut takes a while to know your limits.

Best advice is keep going to group, I go to group every week if I can the other slimmers love to hear your advice and how you did it and its motivational for them to see someone who has been successful and stayed successful

Good luck xx

Thank you for your lovely reply!

Hadn't thought about those slim folk who do eat what they like within reason and yes it must be about the balance!

Weigh in day is we'd so it'll be good to get back into it!

I'm the same! First week I had dominos to celebrate and went out drinking all sat sat and still lost 1/2lb, this week I've drank again at weekend and had few malteaser bunnies but mainly been sticking to sw plan and scales say 2lb off! But I can tell u now I feel difference when I eat bad food as my stomach just isn't used to it anymore so I've found I'm not even really craving it now!
Have had more healthy extras like extra cheese or another cereal bar as I enjoy those more than the crap I thought I missed if I'm honest! Guess its each to their own and finding ure ability to maintain! I won't deny myself a pizza if I want one but I learnt last week I can't binge-it just doesn't sit right with my tummy anymore after so long on good healthy food!! Xx

What we all have to remember is that an excess of unhealthy food is what made us put on weight in the first place & do we want to go back there again....NO!!!
In my humble opinion, there is nothing wrong in eating the unhealthy type of foods, its learning when to stop...as a treat, weekend away, holiday etc.....no problem, but its getting back onto the plan straight after to compensate for that. If you read what the long term maintainers say, they have to follow SW or the principles of it to keep their weight steady, as we all know this is our lot for life now!

I have loved SW & will continue for life, as it is part of me now & is ingrained into my psychy.....long may it continue :D

I'm very jealous of all of you right now, I cannot wait to be in the same position as you all :D.

Good job everyone!

I'm very jealous of all of you right now, I cannot wait to be in the same position as you all :D.

Good job everyone!

Just stay focused, enjoy it & before you know it you'll be putting your 'maintainer' badge on here. Well done on the losses so far.

Chris how far are you off target?

My target is about 15st and I'm hoping after weight in on Thurs I'll be about 17st so I have 2 to go.

Just stay focused, enjoy it & before you know it you'll be putting your 'maintainer' badge on here. Well done on the losses so far.

Yeah I can't wait. I think I'll much prefer maintaining than losing. It's far easier to have a naughty treat and just burn that off rather than having a naughty treat and then burning it off as well as more weight.

I've 2 to go to my first big target :)
I'm using you to spur me on

Haha well you may use me as much as you like, if I can help you then it would be my pleasure.

I'm hoping to have a big loss this week, I've been really working hard in the gym and eating well so hopefully I can lose about 4-6lbs.

6lb wow in that case I better get my rear off the sofa n get to the gym. I'd be gutted (for myself) if I saw you'd done in n I'm still way back. So I'm thinking pitch myself up with your 2 stone and try and keep up if you don't mind?

How do you push a bigger loss? More super free, less pasta? Or just more exercise?

I've been at target for over a year and haven't managed the extra healthy extra's yet as I keep having plans which take me to the top end of my target and by the time I get back to target (or just below as that's where I feel most comfortable) I have more plans, I got to target the WI before Christmas... so guess what happened there? lol, when I lost the weight, I then had a hen do and a Birthday party all in the same week.... and then a couple of weeks later the wedding.

I can't moan though, slimming world has helped me enjoy all of those things without gaining all my weight back, which would have happened if I had lost the weight on my own.

I reached my target in Jan and fell straight out the bottom within 2 weeks. I really think my body wasn't at the weight it like to healthily be :D I lowered my target by 1/2 stone and have now been in target 2 months. It IS a struggle, I haven't mastered the extra A/B's yet as I've had another loss, but then a little gain the next week due to meals out/treats etc. I've stayed within 1.5lb of my target so a little breathing room. Am on holiday 3 weeks from yesterday so am planning a strict 3 weeks so I can have my holiday treats and HOPEFULLY stay in target xx

I just hope my brain engages soon!

Weigh in tomorrow so I shall see the effects of 2 weeks of extra a's and b's and too many snacks!

Once you reached it what was your first few weeks like?

I reached target 3 weeks ago and for the first week I carried on as normal but increased my hea and somedays my heb and I still lost a pound.
I then got 'cocky' and started messing about thinking I've got that pound to play with. I had no sitter last week and couldn't go but admit to monitoring my weight at home and if It was weigh in day today I'd be at the top end and maybe even over!

I've got until weds evening to be an angel and hope to stay in target so I'd just love to hear anyone's target stories, good or bad!

I wasnt at target, somewhere between target 2 and target 3. I was happy at the figure i was at mid February, so i aimed to stay level, for five to six weeks i kept it pretty good. I was impressed with what i could get away with, we are talking between thirty and fifty syns a day, and double healthy extras.

Back