Extra Easy Target members - keeping to target

Bossman1959

Since I reached target I find it very difficult to keep there as my tastes have changed and many of the low or no Syn foods are my staple diets. I start with approx 50g of bran flakes, tons of summer fruits and five heaped dessert spoons of fat free yoghurt. Lunch is often tinned mackerel with lots of fresh fruit and veg normally tomato.
Evening can vary but it's always less than 4 syns and often free.

This week I am on the edge of going out of my target zone for the third time in 8 weeks. I was wondering what advice others have. I don't want to drop my target further as my friends say I have lost enough maybe a little too much.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

My consultant told our target members to up the hex's even if that means 3 or 4 hex a's + b's till u stop loosing weight

Use olive oil for hex b + hummus etc
Grated cheese for hex a or rice pudding, egg custard etc made with ur milk allowance.

Btw congrats on getting to target :) x

Congratulations on reaching target. Im not sure what you mean when you are talk about why you are finding target difficult. Surely its good that low syn or free foods are staples now? Can you explain a bit more?

Congratulations on reaching target. Im not sure what you mean when you are talk about why you are finding target difficult. Surely its good that low syn or free foods are staples now? Can you explain a bit more?
He's saying he's struggling to stop losing weight as his diet is full of free foods/low syn foods! I can see how this can be a problem. As someone else has said, extra healthy extras are the way (so I've heard) have some ryvitas with lunch, hifi bar in the evening, extra cheese in meals.

Congratulations on getting to target.
Maybe have some extra healthy extras or the odd extra syns in your meals and this may help you stop losing weight.
Or if you know you've lost weight again this week get weighed in your jeans or a big jumper lol. I know this has happened in class before. xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Got to be honest Paul,
I wish I had your problem!
Well done for getting to target, more healthy extras like everyone else says until you find you are comfortably maintaining. Maybe an extra snack or two, and a few more syns. Sauces with meals or nuts .

Last edited:
You could try making some swaps between low calorie foods and their full fat counterparts - swap spread for butter, full fat milk for skimmed, frylight for olive oil etc etc

I so know where youre coming from with this! I have been at target for 18 months now, but its not been easy. I am at the bottom of my range, which is where I want to be before I have to start paying again. I carefully watch my weight during the week and yes I too have put heavy stuff on if I think I will be out of range. They tell you to up your healthy extras which I do sometimes. I am letting the occasional cake and coffee slip in and I am learning to let myself go just a little with treats, but always bring it back the following day. No way do I want to go back to where I was before. Its a find balancing act and I understand exactly specially when you are first at target. Its like, OK so what do I do now. I have been eating like this for so long! Just relax a little and keep an eye on how youre doing. Hope this helps.

I so know where youre coming from with this! I have been at target for 18 months now, but its not been easy. I am at the bottom of my range, which is where I want to be before I have to start paying again. I carefully watch my weight during the week and yes I too have put heavy stuff on if I think I will be out of range. They tell you to up your healthy extras which I do sometimes. I am letting the occasional cake and coffee slip in and I am learning to let myself go just a little with treats, but always bring it back the following day. No way do I want to go back to where I was before. Its a find balancing act and I understand exactly specially when you are first at target. Its like, OK so what do I do now. I have been eating like this for so long! Just relax a little and keep an eye on how youre doing. Hope this helps.
I think I'm going to really struggle with this when I get to target :( I can't just have the odd cake and let it slip, an off plan day turns into a binge fest! I'm absolutely terrible. Hopefully ill manage when I get there but I'm worried about it lol I've got 2st 12lbs to go x

the only way i found that keeps me stable is to be calorie concious. If i am 100% on plan, no problem, but if Im veering off i know my total allowance, and i wont go over it.

Many thanks for all your suggestions. I was one pound under target last week and lost two more this week so time for action! I have increased my HEB's at breakfast and decreased the huge amount of Superfree fuit. Hopefully this will help. I am also going to take some extra cheese with me as part of my lunch and increase HEA as a result.
In the evening I will be having a couple of slices of wholemeal toast as I adore it and we will see how this goes.
Hopefully I can get back to target or a fraction below.

Thanks again for the help. I will try to keep you informed on how things are going.

Many thanks for all your suggestions. I was one pound under target last week and lost two more this week so time for action! I have increased my HEB's at breakfast and decreased the huge amount of Superfree fuit. Hopefully this will help. I am also going to take some extra cheese with me as part of my lunch and increase HEA as a result.
In the evening I will be having a couple of slices of wholemeal toast as I adore it and we will see how this goes.
Hopefully I can get back to target or a fraction below.

Thanks again for the help. I will try to keep you informed on how things are going.

Sounds good to me, don't forget as well though it depends on your actual weight say (hypothetically of course) someone with a target weight of 12st will have to have more HEX's than say someone with a target weight of say 9st, I think when you get to target calories sometimes has to come in to it too, not always but just as a rough guide. I've only been at target 3 weeks but I have the opposite problem I'm constantly worrying about falling off of the wagon because I keep having the odd extra syns but its becoming more regular ;( I need to start planning again and writing everything down! It's a whole new thing staying at target...

It is, and not easy either. It would be so easy to think, well thats it, job done, Whey hey, bring on the chips and Chinese!!! But we are all more sensible than that, and worked too hard to go back to old habits

It is, and not easy either. It would be so easy to think, well thats it, job done, Whey hey, bring on the chips and Chinese!!! But we are all more sensible than that, and worked too hard to go back to old habits

I had fish and chips at sainsburys yesterday. I checked up on myfitnesspal how bad it was, it was awful, 1000 calories!

Your weight loss journey doesn't stop when you get to target.
I'm happy as long as I'm somewhere in target, although it would be nice to get to the lower end again and not have to worry too much if I have a gain.
I don't know how to count calories, I never have, and I've no intention of starting. The plan does all that for you.
(off to the target member's naughty corner) xx

I am finding it difficult too. As of last Thursday i am a pound below target range so need to have a gain this week or start paying. My problem is that my target is top of my healthy bmi so i could drop it a bit. When i set target i just wanted to be below 12stone though it was a pretty arbitrary decision. I don't want a gain- after 18months of losing weight, purposely putting it on seems wrong.

No I dont count calories either. I am in the lower band of my target weight so when Im on holiday or got a few things on I dont worry too much. However, I do feel uncomfy if I gain a few lbs now. Your body gets used to being at a certain weight doesnt it. Its just a way of life for life!. Just chomping on a little bit of pineapple, its yummy. Now years ago, it would have been a bag of crisps or cake. Such an angel ha ha:angel09:

I am finding it difficult too. As of last Thursday i am a pound below target range so need to have a gain this week or start paying. My problem is that my target is top of my healthy bmi so i could drop it a bit. When i set target i just wanted to be below 12stone though it was a pretty arbitrary decision. I don't want a gain- after 18months of losing weight, purposely putting it on seems wrong.

I know just what you mean. Just noticed youre almost the same height as me. You have done so well, wow your stats are truly amazing, well done you! I also know what you mean about purposely putting it on. If you want to drop further just have a word with your c. Again, fabulous, well done whoop whoop

Back