Target Members? What next?

*Bambi*

Restarter...
I have done slimming world a few times but never got this far. Tonight after 15 weeks on plan I have lost 2 stone 4.5lbs and hit target.

Now I have hit target I don’t really know what to do! There are no stickers for sticking at target, no awards I am striving for each week, no clothes I am desperate to fit in to.

[FONT=Kreon, Georgia, Times, serif]What am I going to eat? I cant believe that just eating 1 more piece of wholemeal bread a day is going to stop me from loosing weight each week![/FONT]
Help? How do I stick to a diet without loosing weight and how do I stay motivated with no weight to loose?
I need stickers!!

Is there any target members around to offer advice? Help? Can we start a target members thread so we can support each other?!

I got to target last year the WI before Christmas, the advice is to try one more HEB a day and if you still loose add another one in (there's no exact science to it as some people need more to maintain and some need less, so its all trial and error)
I haven't tried that yet as I seem to have either struggled trying to get a couple of lb's off to get to the lower end of my target (hopefully that's changing now) or I've had an event on and gained weight and had to loose it again.
What keeps me motivated is I never want to go back to what I was, that's enough for me. I still hate seeing the scales go up, even when I'm in target and know why they went up it still doesn't feel good

I reached target 12 weeks ago and I find it's harder to maintain than loosing weight!
I tried the "1 extra Heb" but it doesn't seem to work for me, I haven't found the magic formula yet that guarantees you stay on target and some weeks I drop just under the lowest weight allowed under target so the next week I eat more to get back up, this has worked so far but I now weigh myself each day to check myself. I do miss the awards & the applause that you got before, our consultant just says "here's Pete who is our target member" when telling everyone about their weight losses.
The plus side is that I feel fitter, my aches and pains have gone, my health is better & my reliance on medication has been halved!
Good Luck to you all.
Pete

^^My consultant still tells everyone what us target members have lost, or if we've gained or maintained that week but also says that we're in our target range, so we still get a good applause every week. Are you the only target member at your group?

Im only on my second week at target and the first week i put 4.5lbs on. I was just in the zone to haha. I think it is quite hard to get the balance right has Pete has said i weigh myself everyday and im on for about a 4lb loss this week. It keeps you thinking though and i think for me its going to be a weekly thing of making slight adjustments until i am happy as i dont want to be going up and down by 4lbs every week.

Its probably harder to maintain than lose but we will see what the coming weeks brings.

No. we have 1 other Target member but she doesn't come every week, we have lost other target members.....

I have done slimming world a few times but never got this far. Tonight after 15 weeks on plan I have lost 2 stone 4.5lbs and hit target.

Now I have hit target I don’t really know what to do! There are no stickers for sticking at target, no awards I am striving for each week, no clothes I am desperate to fit in to.

What am I going to eat? I cant believe that just eating 1 more piece of wholemeal bread a day is going to stop me from loosing weight each week!
Help? How do I stick to a diet without loosing weight and how do I stay motivated with no weight to loose?
I need stickers!!

Is there any target members around to offer advice? Help? Can we start a target members thread so we can support each other?!

Very well done on reaching target!!!

Firstly, ask your consulant for your "Slim for life" booklet which will help you maintain your target weight. Increase by one B choice a day and see how your weight goes, if you keep on losing then have 2 more and so on. It's a balancing act. Some have to have 3 or 4 extra a day, you just got to find out how much extra you need.

You stay motivated by keeping going to group and keeping that weight off and aim for the Diamond Target badge which you get after a year at target.

Believe me, maintaining a target weight is harder than losing.

No. we have 1 other Target member but she doesn't come every week, we have lost other target members.....

We have about 13 i think target members now in our class. I would imagine it would be easy now at target just to say im not going to go every week and i have thought about it myself. Im going to stick with it and go every week though to weigh in but i might not stop every week.

That's a little sad, we have a few target members, those that end up leaving usually come back after a while with a bit to loose again. Not that I'm saying everyone would do this, but a lot do, its why I go everyweek (as well as me being on the social team) because I know if I wasn't getting weighed I'd eat something and think ''well I can make up for that next week'' but I never would as I've done that before when trying to loose weight on my own.

I have just about completed my first week at target and I have to say its been up and down. Bit of a celebration till Saturday (think I only had about 10syns left for the week!) have pulled it back over the last three days and have WI tomorrow. Like others I have weighed every day (which I have done almost every day since starting but it has no effect on my mood and has kept me on plan) and I have fluctuated more this week than any other. However having achieved target numerous times over the years and promptly left the group(!), eaten my way back to another diet, followed by three faddy ones, I am definitely going to go to group and stay for the foreseeable future because I know I will sneak back into bad habits without it. I may try to lose more weight after Christmas but for now I feel happy with where I am. I think it's really helpful to hear from other target members as our group is in flux at the mo with no permanent C so target members don't seem to stay at group.

I have just about completed my first week at target and I have to say its been up and down. Bit of a celebration till Saturday (think I only had about 10syns left for the week!) have pulled it back over the last three days and have WI tomorrow. Like others I have weighed every day (which I have done almost every day since starting but it has no effect on my mood and has kept me on plan) and I have fluctuated more this week than any other. However having achieved target numerous times over the years and promptly left the group(!), eaten my way back to another diet, followed by three faddy ones, I am definitely going to go to group and stay for the foreseeable future because I know I will sneak back into bad habits without it. I may try to lose more weight after Christmas but for now I feel happy with where I am. I think it's really helpful to hear from other target members as our group is in flux at the mo with no permanent C so target members don't seem to stay at group.

Are you supposed to get a shiny sticker for your book? I got the certificate but just wondered about a sticker. I'm a sucker for a sticker. Didn't really notice cos I got my 2st at the same time so got a sticker for that.

Aww well done! I can imagine it's a pretty scary proposition dealing with being just the right weight. I've never known how that feels!

I think you need to see what suits you long term. Try having a bit more and seeing what suits your body and helps it stay in maintenence. Your weight won't go drastically up if you have a bit too much.

Make your own stickers! Good luck.

Im asking for the slim for life book and target badge as i have had nither yet, i didnt stop last week though.

And i want my platinum body magic award and still cant believe i havent had it yet after all the training i put in haha. it must be moan day for me ;)

Not all consultants give pins, they have to buy them but you should get the book.

Platinum body magic is awarded when you feel you have earned it. When training has become as much a part of your life as eating and breathing. I know for you this is the case, so just ask for it :)

I targeted got badge etc but decided to drop another 7lb as a i kept loosing weight ! But since I have managed to gain and loose back to old target but for some reason can't get frame of mind to get that last 1/2 stone off or I've been too ambitious as it doesn't seem to matter what I do it's stuck to me got 5lb to go but it does not seem to want to go any suggestions for next 2 weeks WI Wed HELP I want to get to the non paying state!!!

My friend who is at target has 1-2 HexA, 2-3 HexB & up to 20 syns a day (140 per week). She finds this keeps her at her target weight & gives her enough flexibility to maintain long term (she's been at target 7 1/2 years). I think it took her quite a long time to figure out & she says it's important not to eat your extra Hex allowance (and in her case syn allowance) just cos you can; use them if you need them / are still hungry but don't force them in.

I have been at target just over 12 months now, so got my diamond award and badge a few weeks ago now. It really is trial and error, what suits one doesnt suit all. I am at the bottom of myl target band, if I drop further this week I will have a weeks grace to gain half to put me back within band. I always manage that! I am on the social team so obviously go to group every week. This has helped keep me on the straight and narrow knowing I will be going to group. Plus the fact my c is great and become quite a good friend. But no, its not easy. You just have to keep trying different things. Many weeks I am totally 100% on plan as if I wanted to lose and I stay the same. This can go on for weeks. And congratulations on reaching target!

Back