Target Membership- what if you go under goal?

letmeout

Silver Member
I'm nearly at the goal agreed with my C but I'm already thinking I'd like to lose a bit more. I know you can attend class for free once you reach goal but have to stay a certain number of pounds either side of it. But what happens if you go under by more than the limit?

As long as it's healthy, you can reset your target but I think it has to be by at least 7lb less than your original.
If you look in the back of one of the books in your new pack, you'll find the membership rules and it's mentioned in there. Hope this helps, well done on getting close to target, you've done amazingly well!

Oh - forgot to say:

You can find out if the new target you have in mind is acceptable to Slimming World by looking in your books. I think it's the blue body magic one. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll have a look in mine for you :)

If you dip more than 3lbs below target you have to start paying until you get back in target range. Aletrenatively you can reset your target but it has to be at least 7lbs lower than your original target.

Once to get to below it and you fancy dropping your target down another 7lb just stick weigts in your pockets for a few weeks at weigh in (so you dont pay) then miraculously drop the 7 one week when you know you'll be down to your new target!! I personally think its shocking that you start to get charged again - what if you only want to drop another 4lb?

You can re set your target before you get there, thats what i would do if you think you can drop a bit more. But you might be better getting to the target you have set now and see how you go on with maintaining for a while, thats what im currently doing. Im about 2 months into maintaining and i think i will wait at least another 4 maybe more before i make ant decisions.

I will tell you this now it is harder to maintain than lose, well thats what ive found.

Thanks for the helpful info everyone. I've just got back from group and I have the new books so will have a good look at them and-
I made it !!
I'm quite worried about maintaining Craig- I know it's very tricky ! Also, I'm just not sure whether I'm really happy at this weight or whether I want to lose a bit more .

Thanks for the helpful info everyone. I've just got back from group and I have the new books so will have a good look at them and-
I made it !!
I'm quite worried about maintaining Craig- I know it's very tricky ! Also, I'm just not sure whether I'm really happy at this weight or whether I want to lose a bit more .

I would suggest sticking to what you have set and see how you go on with it for a month at least and then change. You c might let you change it to less than 7lbs if you are nice to her/him lol

I think you're right Craig. I do keep on moving my target- still can't seem to accept that I am now a healthy weight. I feel brill for a few days then start to think I'm still fat. I think it was easier at over 24 stone coz I knew for sure I was fat !! It doesn't help that clothe sizes for women are so stupid. I want to be a 'proper' size 12 but quite often a 12 is too tight round the top but then again some size 10's are a perfect fit ( not many and there is no way I am size 10- only try them when other sizes are out of stock or they look massive !!!)
I have just realised that I weighed in at 2.5lbs under my goal anyway so I am already dangerously close to going outside the allowed margin. It's quite tight isn't it?

I think you're right Craig. I do keep on moving my target- still can't seem to accept that I am now a healthy weight. I feel brill for a few days then start to think I'm still fat. I think it was easier at over 24 stone coz I knew for sure I was fat !! It doesn't help that clothe sizes for women are so stupid. I want to be a 'proper' size 12 but quite often a 12 is too tight round the top but then again some size 10's are a perfect fit ( not many and there is no way I am size 10- only try them when other sizes are out of stock or they look massive !!!)
I have just realised that I weighed in at 2.5lbs under my goal anyway so I am already dangerously close to going outside the allowed margin. It's quite tight isn't it?

I'd wait a few weeks and decide whether you want to change it or not, I wish I kept getting dangerously close to falling out of the bottom of my target, I'm always playing around target or closer to being out of the top end of my target range. Wish I could get to 2lbs below and maintain that

Im the same with clothes, im sort of between XL and Large. I try most large and they are just right for my waist/stomach and either just right or to tight on the chest and XL is mostly way to big on my stomach and just about right on the chest ut i do like trying new clothes on now lol.

You do have to be careful and its quite easy to get obsessive about wanting to be thinner and thinner. I got like that with exercise and was doing between 4-5 hours a day but i have changed all that now and am more sensible with what i do.

I think i could be go abit lower but ive made a decision to stay were i am for at least 6 months and see how i go. You do need to try and live your life at a stable weight for a few months or more just to make sure it is right for you. I thought 2 months would be enough but it isnt for me i need to make sure im happy in myself and am easily able to maintain where i am.

I'd wait a few weeks and decide whether you want to change it or not, I wish I kept getting dangerously close to falling out of the bottom of my target, I'm always playing around target or closer to being out of the top end of my target range. Wish I could get to 2lbs below and maintain that

Apart from the first week after i reached target ive been either bang on target or under. It is harder now and it does seem like the weight still wants to come off. I do think mine is down to changing my exercise routine over the last week, now that i am doing the insanity workout and its almost alien to what i have been doing (more weights and bike,x-trainer) so its shocking my body more and im burning more cals. I think this will drop off slightly but im monitoring my weight daily and eating more if needed.

I think you're right Craig. I do keep on moving my target- still can't seem to accept that I am now a healthy weight. I feel brill for a few days then start to think I'm still fat. I think it was easier at over 24 stone coz I knew for sure I was fat !! It doesn't help that clothe sizes for women are so stupid. I want to be a 'proper' size 12 but quite often a 12 is too tight round the top but then again some size 10's are a perfect fit ( not many and there is no way I am size 10- only try them when other are out of stock or they look massive !!!)

Letmeout, I wouldn't get too hung up on sizes, there is no such thing as a perfect size in my opinion. At my lightest weight I had clothes in sizes from a 10 to a 16 depending where I'd bought them from!

Letmeout, I wouldn't get too hung up on sizes, there is no such thing as a perfect size in my opinion. At my lightest weight I had clothes in sizes from a 10 to a 16 depending where I'd bought them from!
That's very interesting and good to know! Thanks xx

Back