Target Weights

I haven't picked a target 'weight' more a dress size a i would like to be comfortably in

Its up to you what weight you want to be. Its how you feel, thats the main thing and will you be able to maintain it long term also. I would not go by BMI, i should be 13st 3lbs to be in the top of my BMI and believe me if you looked at me now at 15st 5lbs you would wonder were the 2st 2lbs would come from to lose to get there. I have set mine at 15st for now and i am going to see how i maintain that for 2-3 months and then re-assess it. You can adjust your weight once you get to target in 7lb blocks either up or down or if you get close to target and think you could lose more, just change it before you get there.

I set mine, got there then didnt feel comfy so reset it a little lower. Happy with where I am now, and maintaining fine, although still sticking 100% to plan :)

Mine is 100lbs off.

Ive done 10lbs, now I just have to do this 9 more times....so easy right?!?!?!

Mine is 5 stone exactly, which is slap bang in the middle of my healthy weight range! Perfect...I hope!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Mine was initially 10st, then I dropped it by half a stone each time and still haven't been happy yet. I'm really hoping to god I'm happy at 8st 7 or I may just pull my hair out as this losing weight is hard work lol. I'm basing it on how I look, clothing size (I want to be an 8...not sure that'll happen in half a stone eek) and my BMI though I know it doesn't account for all factors.

As I have no idea what I'll look like when I've lost the weight I've aimed for the upper end of a healthy weight for my height.

Jaq,

We had kinda similar starting stats. You've done so well, really inspires me.

Thank you xx

Jaq,

We had kinda similar starting stats. You've done so well, really inspires me.

Thank you xx

Aww thanks very much. I haven't taken the shortest route but I looked at my stats just now and realised I'm going to hit 25% of my starting weight soon and my jaw hit the floor. Going to try and do it before Xmas (should be easy I hope!).

Your losses look really good so far and well done on Slimmer of the Week. I find getting certificates and stickers really inspirational and put the certs on my fridge to try and stop me eating so much!

I had no idea where I wanted to be when I started. It's only recently that I have decided on my target. I quite fancied to the number on the scales to be under 12 stone, and with a target of 11st 13lbs, if I go to the top of target range I'll still have a 9stone loss. It will also put me at the top of a healthy bmi.

Aww thanks very much. I haven't taken the shortest route but I looked at my stats just now and realised I'm going to hit 25% of my starting weight soon and my jaw hit the floor. Going to try and do it before Xmas (should be easy I hope!).

Your losses look really good so far and well done on Slimmer of the Week. I find getting certificates and stickers really inspirational and put the certs on my fridge to try and stop me eating so much!

I love that idea of putting the certificates on the fridge - I'm definitely going to do that when I go home. Thanks!

Like many others on here my initial goal is to achieve the top end of my healthy BMI - to be able to go to the doctors or family planning clinic and not get lectured on my weight (9/10 by someone who is also overweight if not even bigger than me! hypocritical old bags) would be pretty fantastic.

Once I get there, then I'll start dropping half stone by half stone til I get to a comfortable size. Nothing under a BMI of 21 though.

I knew a 3 stone loss would be about right for me but now that I'm a few pounds away I'm not quite where I want to be so I've nudged my target down a few more pounds and I'll set a final target when I'm happier with my figure. You can always set an interim target and adjust from there.

I have to get my BMI under 30 so that's my target. I have approximately 4 1/2 stone to go and I'm hoping to get that gone by the end of next year at the very latest :)

Hi, Just wondering how you decide on your target weight. I am not a young girl so i woulds nt like to be stick thin. :confused:

I didnt set a target until I was well in my journey. I then set my target at 14 1/2 stone which was 100 lbs from my original weight. I got to the target, but just dropped through it like a stone. Only got two free weeks! I have now set a new target of 13 1/2 stone.

Back