Taster session first week back.....

nataby

I joined a group last week and am looking forward to my first weigh in however next week is a taster session. As it is my first week back I feel a bit uncomfortable as I don't know anyone or what to bring! It sounds really silly but I feel a bit awkward about it. I would like to stay to group as I'm sure I will get some really good ideas but I feel silly taking something in when I have only been on plan a week!

should I just weigh and go or be brave and join in? Any ideas what I can take? Is it ok to not take anything and just not taste??

Thanks x

If you nip over to the recipe section and put the word taster into the search tool you'll find lots of threads full of suggestions but you don't have to take anything. But def go as it will be a good opportunity to get to know everyone and try some new food ideas :)

It's quite likely that no-one will notice whether you take anything or not. If you are asked, just say you are new and wasn't sure what to do. It will be fine.

There are loads of simple recipes in the recipe section, I'd pick one, make it and go. It's a great way to start off conversations when you don't know anyone. Having taken something you'll also be able to taste what others have brought, and a simple "this is lovely, what's in it" and there you go, you're chatting with strangers :) The first time I went to a tasting I made goulash and mistakenly put double the amount of smoked paprika in it. I thought it was repulsive but took it anyway and warned people! So many of them came over and talked to me about it, we were all old friends by the end of the night!

Iv got a taster session next weigh it too. I always over think things, will it look ok,will people like it, will i make to much too litttle etc. But at the end of the day people appreciate anything u do make/bring as i may be something different to them.

Also if u dont take anything no one will be bothered as there will always be plenty to try anyway and everyone will understand as u new to the group. But will doubt anyone will even notice.

Just dont worry about it do what makes u feel the most comfortable, just try to stay at group as will help u with ur weight loss journey. :)

Def go, but don't worry about wether you take food or not. Everyone will understand. Absolutely go though. It's a great chance to get to see and try all the yummy food you can have and get chatting to others about it. Another thing you can do which I have seen done is take some low syn snacks in like low syn crisps or popcorn etc. People may not have had that snack before or didn't realise they could have it on SW. Just know the SYN value so you can tell everyone :)

I travel a fair distance to my group so it's never easy to take food.
I usually take a bottle of diet fizzy drink for everyone to share as it's nice to try different foods but sometimes you need a drink to wash it down.

Back