Taster sessions in class!

stivesliz

Gold Member
I cant seem to find a thread about this and am sure it has been mentioned before, but do any other groups out there have taster sessions in class?

We have them quite reguarly - sometimes they have a theme, ie, Halloween and winter warmers etc but today's was just bring what you fancy.

I have to say, I think I know the plan inside out and would also say I am one of the more experimental cooks in the class, but there is always something that someone brings along that I think ''yum I will try that'' and its such a great way to get new ideas.

I took mushy pea curry which was a great success although when the consultant took the foil off the top of it, the smell of it was quite overwhelming.

There was swiss rolls, pasta salads, weetabix cakes, beetroot and couscous salad, quiche, jelly type desserts, cheese scones ......as they say down here in Cornwall - it was 'ansum'! x

I love taster nights :) I just wish people would put the recipe next to what they had bought so you dont have to hunt down who might have made the thing you love to find out what goes in it :)

Our consultant lifts up the dish or plate and gets the chef to expalin how they made it. Its a bit time consuming when we are all sat drooling lol x

My consultant does this as well.

It's nice as you know exactly who made what if you want to double check a recipe and its also nice to know exactly what your trying before you try it. Especially whether its low syns or syn free

My consultant does this as well.

It's nice as you know exactly who made what if you want to double check a recipe and its also nice to know exactly what your trying before you try it. Especially whether its low syns or syn free

Its also interesting to see what other people eat and what they spend their syns on. Someone brought these trifle type puds once and they were like 10 syns each.....I was thinking ''I dont think so'' lol x

We had a taster session yesterday and it was great. Unfortunately I made the mistake of being on a green day and all the savoury dishes.were meat based, but there were lots of cakes to try! :) I will make sure I'm on an ee day next time! X

We had a taster session yesterday and it was great. Unfortunately I made the mistake of being on a green day and all the savoury dishes.were meat based, but there were lots of cakes to try! :) I will make sure I'm on an ee day next time! X

I made that mistake once and haven't done since, always make sure I'm on ee for tasters now. Although to be fair usually do ee on a WI day now anyway as my boyfriend always cooks curry and rice for when I get back

We're having one of these in 2 weeks I think, but I'm at work 9 til half 4 so its literally in from work, quick drink and get changed and then to slimming world. I don't have time to make anything!!! My aunty said she would make thai curry for me but its a bit awful putting her out. Does everyone usually do something?

We're having one of these in 2 weeks I think, but I'm at work 9 til half 4 so its literally in from work, quick drink and get changed and then to slimming world. I don't have time to make anything!!! My aunty said she would make thai curry for me but its a bit awful putting her out. Does everyone usually do something?

not everyone remembered at my group, but what I did was make the pork and paprika one pot during my bulk cook on sunday. Warmed some up when i got home and took it in a tupperware pot then I've got the rest for dinner another night :)

Maybe make something that can be made the night before and noshed cold the next day. The chicken cake on here is lush cold. Also the scotch eggs. Both can be sliced up so people can try just a little bit. For a sweet treat you could try the cheesecake stuffed strawberries, making the cheesecake mix and wash / hollow the strawberries and assemble them at class. Yum

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/81704-chicken-cake-cheese-sausagemeat-bacon.html

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/155970-scotch-eggs.html#post5039834

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/274222-cheese-cake-stuffed-strawberries.html

Back