• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Taster sessions?

Next week my class is having a taster session. I think I'm going to make the fruit roulade with syn free lemon curd but I'm not sure how much I'm expected to bring. There are quite a lot of members in my group so to give the all a slice would be a lot. Also do I need to cut it up or will the consultant supply utensils?

Finally how do you count the Syns for a taster session. Even if everyone brought something for just half a syn, I can imagine you'd end up eating rather a lot!

xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

joedenise

Target Member
When we have tasters I just follow the recipe and then cut smaller so basically everyone who tries it "gets a taster". For example I made almond and cherry clafoutis for a taster this week. The recipe was for 8 portions but I made it in a square cake tin and cut it into 16 small squares for 1/2 syn each, rather than a full portion at 1 syn.

We generally have about 25 people at our group but I never make enough for everyone to have a piece as not everyone likes the same as me.

HTH

Denise

auntynet

Does every group have these I wonder, never heard them mentioned here in northern Ireland..
If you don't normally have them then why not suggest one in your group? We usually have one every 4-6 weeks and they're very popular. We usually print off plenty of copies of the recipes we make so that others can try making the things they've tasted and liked.

Kia-Ora

Gold Member
auntynet said:
If you don't normally have them then why not suggest one in your group? We usually have one every 4-6 weeks and they're very popular. We usually print off plenty of copies of the recipes we make so that others can try making the things they've tasted and liked.
That's a great idea, I only weigh mthly but will defo mention it x